NJ Online Gambling is the top information source for safe and secure online casinos, legal and licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
What’s new at NJ online gambling sites June 2019
The newly legal NJ sports betting industry is going strong, seeing record breaking revenue in March. There are now multiple racetracks and land-based facilities in Atlantic City, and thirteen online operators with betting websites, mobile apps or both. Major players such as DraftKings, FanDuel, BetStars NJ, and hot newcomer PointsBet are all vying for a foothold in the online sports betting space, which now represents about 80% of market handle. More openings are still expected, possibly before the NFL Season gets underway.
Here’s a peek at what’s happening in sports, and in the rest of the NJ online gambling industry:
- The Meadowlands (FanDuel, PointsBet) is now the dominant force in the NJ online sports betting industry (both retail and online), usurping former champ Resorts (DraftKings, BetStars NJ).
- PointsBet is offering some serious guaranteed limits, and that’s good news for sharp bettors.
- Online casinos and sports betting are thriving in New Jersey; online poker liquidity, on the other hand, is still stumbling.
- In April, NJ was the site of the Betting on Sports America conference. Read more about what we learned from top figures in the NJ sports betting scene here and here.
- Players looking to score some serious bonuses at NJ online sports betting sites need not look further than here.
No Deposit Bonuses/Promo Codes How to Get Maximum Value from Your Bonuses
When you choose to play at an NJ online casino, you’ll enjoy something that brick-and-mortar establishments don’t offer – free money just for signing up and deposit bonuses.
Free money offers are sometimes referred to as no deposit bonuses and are basically cash gifts which new players can use to try out the site. This is real money which you can cashout after you’ve met any wagering requirements. Deposit bonuses are usually much more substantial, and are awarded whenever players make their first deposit into their online casino account. These are also subject to a wager requirement.
Exclusive Promo Codes
To ensure you get the biggest no deposit and deposit bonuses on offer, be sure to sign up your account through our links and/or using our promo codes (usually: NJOG). Through our partnerships with legal NJ casino operators, we can sometimes offer exclusive bonuses which are above even those stated on the casinos’ own websites. Check out our site reviews for exact instructions on how to create your account and max out your take!
Casino Game Guides Learn How to Play and How to win!
Interested in gambling online but feeling intimidated about learning the rules of play? Not to fear! Here you’ll find game guides written for online gaming beginners, which explain the rules of the most popular games and give you strategy advice on which bets to take and which to avoid at all costs!
List of NJ Online Casinos All Legal NJ Gambling Sites
In New Jersey, five Atlantic City brick-and-mortar casinos hold licenses to offer online gambling. However, each certificate holder has the option to launch multiple “skins” in partnerships with outside software companies. That brings the total number of legal NJ online casinos to over a dozen. Here is a full list:
|Betfair Casino||Golden Nugget Atlantic City||Game Account Network||11/26/2013|
|Tropicana Casino||Tropicana Casino and Resort||Gamesys||11/26/2013|
|Golden Nugget||Golden Nugget Atlantic City||NYX Gaming Group||12/13/2013|
|Virgin Casino||Tropicana Casino and Resort||Gamesys||1/24/2014|
|SugarHouse Casino||Golden Nugget Atlantic City||Rush Street Interactive||9/15/2016|
|Caesars Casino||Caesars Interactive||NYX Gaming Group||11/26/2013|
|888 Casino||Caesars Interactive||888||11/26/2013|
|PartyCasino||Borgata Hotel & Casino||GVC||11/26/2013|
|Pala Online||Borgata Hotel & Casino||Pala Interactive||11/25/2014|
|Borgata Online Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino||GVC||11/26/2013|
|Hard Rock Casino||Hard Rock Hotel & Casino||Gaming Innovation Group||6/28/2018|
|Resorts Casino||Resort Casino Hotel||NYX Gaming Group||2/27/2015|
|Mohegan Sun Casino||Resort Casino Hotel||NYX Gaming Group||7/23/2015|
|PokerStars||Resort Casino Hotel||PokerStars||3/21/2016|
|Harrah's Casino||Caesars Interactive||888||11/26/2013|
|playMGM||Borgata Hotel & Casino||GVC||8/1/2017|
|Scores Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino||Pala Interactive||9/20/2017|
|Ocean Casino||Ocean Resort and Casino||Game Account Network||7/11/2018|
|DraftKings||Resort Casino Hotel||Kambi||12/17/2018|
|BetAmerica Casino||Golden Nugget Atlantic City||SBTech||2/07/2019|
New Jersey Sports Betting Sportsbooks Are Now Legal In The State
After a near decade long fight, online sports betting has finally arrived in the state of New Jersey. States won the rights to decide their own fate regarding sports betting on May 14, 2018, when the U.S. Supreme Court handed down a historic decision repealing PASPA, which since 1992 forbade most states from offering legal wagering on sports.
Following the decision, New Jersey acted swiftly, passing legislation within weeks that enabled qualified license holders – Atlantic City casinos and state-based racetracks – to offer sports betting . By June 2018, the first land-based sportsbooks were up and running, followed in August by the launch of the first NJ online sports betting site: DraftKings Sportsbook. Since, no less than half-a-dozen other operators have debuted their online sportsbooks, with more to come soon.
To learn more about this rapidly emerging industry, including where to play, answers to common questions, and how you can score exclusive no-deposit bonuses, free bets, and deposit matches, head on down to our comprehensive New Jersey sports betting page.
Legal NJ online sports betting sites
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Resorts Casino||8/6/2018|
|Play SugarHouse||Golden Nugget||8/23/2018|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||The Meadowlands||9/1/2018|
|William Hill||Monmouth Park||9/2/2018|
|888 Sport NJ||Caesars||9/10/2018|
|Hard Rock||Hard Rock||1/29/2019|
|Golden Nugget||Golden Nugget||2/19/2019|
Advantages of Playing at Legal NJ Online Casinos Playing at Regulated Operators is a No-Brainer
Here are some of the advantages and perks you’ll enjoy when you choose to play at one of the regulated New Jersey online gambling sites featured on this website:
- Legal in New Jersey: First and foremost, you will never find an unlicensed, offshore casino advertised on NJ Online Gambling. The casinos listed here must be licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) and must therefore be completely legal. While there are still gray market/unregulated online casinos available to NJ gamblers, we strongly suggest that you avoid these completely. Those types of sites can operate with little to no oversight, and can do as they please with your hard-earned cash, and even your identity, while suffering few consequences.
- Game fairness: When you choose from our recommended online casinos, you can rest assured that the games will always be fair. The DGE constantly tests and monitors game libraries to ensure they live up to strict technical standards. What’s more, according to the law, each legal, NJ online casino must also employ a team to monitor its site for would-be cheaters and scammers, which is especially relevant at the poker tables.
- Account security: All of the gaming sites you see listed on our pages employ what’s called a secure HTTPS protocol, meaning that hackers cannot insert themselves into the connection and make off with your account details. This same technology is used by online banks, retailers and others businesses which process large amounts of sensitive financial data.
- Deposit bonuses/free money offers: When you choose one of our approved casinos, you can rest easy knowing you’ll get the maximum deposit bonus offered anywhere, which usually even includes on the casinos’ websites. You’ll also find generous no deposit bonuses, some of which are exclusively offered by this website.
- Authorized casino software: The software that powers legal, NJ online casinos is rock solid and supplied by trustworthy, established gaming companies, which must be vetted by the DGE.
- Banking options: No longer are the days when it’s difficult to get money online. NJ online gambling sites offer players a wealth of reliable and trusted banking methods for deposits and withdrawals, many of which allow for instant transactions. In addition, sites are required by law to hold all player balances in segregated bank accounts, separate from operating accounts. This ensures that your funds will always be available on the spot.
- Game selection: Our top recommended sites feature hundreds of games in their lobbies, with their offering growing all the time. Games run the gamut from slots, to blackjack, video poker, and even Live Dealer.
- Real money mobile gambling : Smart phones and tablets are ubiquitous these days, and give players the chance to play their favorite casino games on the go. Nearly all NJ online operators give players this ability through iPhone and android apps. Read our reviews to find out which ones are the best!
Online Gambling in New Jersey FAQ Answers to Common Questions and Concerns
NJ Online Slots Galore Choose from Hundreds of Regular and Jackpot Slots
Slots are undoubtedly the most popular games offered at NJ online casinos, and it’s not hard to see why. The format lends itself extremely well to the online experience and can even be played quite comfortably on mobile screens.
Many NJ operators boast slots collections which number into the hundreds, and include games based on countless, eclectic themes, which feature all manner of payline structures and provide plenty of opportunity for huge bonus wins! Take a look below and you’ll find reviews of some of favorite titles, or check out our slots page to see all of our reviews and more.
Popular NJ Slots Reviewed Here are a few of our favorites!
Online Progressive Slots? Check!
Jackpot slots offer the chance to win massive paydays, and NJ gambling sites have them in spades. Progressives are just like regular slots, but take a small fraction of your original bet and add it to a community jackpot. Over a period of time, the pot can grow extremely large, into the hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars!
While the chances of hitting one might be slim, the player to trigger a progressive can walk away with a payout of epic proportions! Nearly all of NJ online casinos offer jackpot slot titles.
Jackpot Winners Abound
So does anyone ever actually win these things? Yes, as a matter of fact they do! Just recently, a Harrah’s Casino player took home $687,786 after a $5 spin triggered the progressive jackpot on Gods of Gold.
Divine Fortune, a highly popular jackpot slot offered at several NJ online casinos, was responsible for the majority of progressive hits in 2018. Last year alone, the jackpot has been triggered dozens of times, with more than a dozen of those players winning over $50,000. The biggest score in state history came at Betfair Casino on August 4, when a player pocketed $314,341 on a $1 spin. Another player banked $287,945 at SugarHouse just days before, putting total 2018 payouts at $1,431,354. To see all Divine Fortune Mega Jackpots in the state, check out our dedicated DF tracker.
The stars aligned for one very lucky Harrah’s Casino gambler last month, when a $5 spin on Gods of Gold resulted in a hefty $687,786 payday.→