New Jersey Sports Betting
August has arrived and we’re officially in the calm before the storm, so to speak. While the football won’t return in earnest until September, there’s still plenty to look forward to this month from a sports betting perspective. We’ve got plenty of important baseball games, MLS and the return of soccer in Europe, big UFC fights, and a single Saturday of college football:
- College Football – The college football season kicks off later this month, with Saturday, August 27th serving as the official “week 1” for the sport.
- UFC – There’s no off season for MMA! The UFC forges ahead with exciting cards just about every week. The headliner event will be UFC 278 on August 20, with Paulo Costa facing Luke Rockhold in the Co-Main, and Kamaru Usman defending his title against Leon Edwards in the Main Event.
- PGA Tour – The Wyndam Championship (August 4 – 7), The Northern Trust (Aug. 11 – 14), the BMW Championship (Aug. 18 – 21), and the Tour Championship (Aug. 25 – 28) round out an exciting month of golf betting.
- Tennis – While it won’t finish in August, the US Open begins on August 29th and will continue through September 11.
- MLB – Regular season baseball remains in full swing, with a full slate of games taking place every night! The All-Star break is over, it’s full steam ahead now as teams push for the post season.
- Soccer – The MLS season is underway, and the most popular European leagues are getting started. The Premier League and the Bundesliga begin August 5th, Ligue 1 on August 6, La Liga on August 12, and Serie A on August 13.
New Jersey Online Casinos
If you are missing your favorite casino games, but aren’t able to venture down to Atlantic City just yet, New Jersey online casinos offer all your favorite table games, slots and video poker from the safety of your own home, with most online casinos offering very generous bonus offers to help get you started.
Live dealer gaming has taken over the NJ online casino market, and is as close as you can get to true casino gaming. Live dealer games are streamed right from an in-casino studio direct to your computer or mobile device with real cards, real roulette wheels, while all bets are taken virtually. If you prefer your gambling in more of a digital fashion, you can check out our online blackjack and slots guides to get started. If you want to see the full slate of games offered in New Jersey, click here for a complete summary.
New Jersey Online Poker
The World Series of Poker has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of excellent daily, weekly, and special events for poker players around New Jersey.
From August 12 – 23rd WSOP NJ will be offering up over $1 million in guaranteed prizepools for their most recent Online Circuit Event. Buy-ins start at $215, and range up to the $100K Guaranteed, $2K buy-in “Super High Roller”. The Main Event of the series will be a $525 buy-in NLH tourney on August 21, with a $200K guaranteed prizepool.
Both PokerStars and BetMGM Poker also offer enticing daily and weekly tournaments, in addition to cash games and SNGs of all shapes and sizes.