New Jersey’s many online casinos offer a diverse array of deposit and withdrawal options, including face-to-face transactions and digital methods that leverage the latest e-commerce and payment processing technology. This makes funding your gameplay and cashing out your winnings as simple and streamlined as possible.
In this guide, we’ll explore the different types of banking methods available to Garden State online gamblers, and hopefully find one that is right for you!
Top NJ Online Casinos with Fast Cashouts
At many of the best online gambling sites in New Jersey, players can get free money, no-deposit bonuses and free spins simply for registering an account. To get the biggest bonuses, though, you need to make your first deposit.
Fortunately there are a wide variety of options that make this easy, including walking up to the casino cashier with money in hand!
Recommended: Instant eCheck (ACH)
Instant eChecks or ACH is a great option for players who have checking accounts which can be accessed online. Several casinos utilize the VIP Preferred payment gateway for this process, which boasts an exceptionally high deposit success rate.
Through this depositing vehicle, NJ online casinos establish a direct connection to a player’s checking account in order to transfer funds to their corresponding iGaming account. All that players need to supply is their bank’s name, routing number, account number, and bank account city.
The upsides to this method are plentiful, and include:
- Instantaneous turnaround times — although the amount may not be deducted from a customer’s checking account balance until anywhere from 24-96 hours, depending on their bank’s individual policy.
- High acceptance rate — generally over 85%.
- Fast — once a player enters their bank account info and makes a deposit, reloading their NJ online gambling account requires no more than a couple of clicks.
- Widespread acceptance — just about every NJ online casino accepts Instant eChecks (ACH) for both deposits and withdrawals.
PayPal is perhaps the most popular e-wallet in the world, and can now be used to legally deposit funds into a New Jersey gaming account.
Customers must utilize a funding source within their Paypal account that has the available balance that they wish to deposit. Luckily, there are myriad ways to fund a PayPal account, including:
- Bank transfers
- User-to-user transfers
- Credit/debit card deposits from Visa/MasterCard/AmEx and others, although PayPal credit/debit card deposits cannot be used to fund NJ online gambling accounts.
While certainly one of the most reliable and swiftest ways to load funds to a NJ online casino account, PayPal is not without its restrictions. Namely, players must use a Personal account (not Business or Premier) when transferring from PayPal to a NJ online gambling site.
Secondly, the email associated with the PayPal account must match the one tied to the NJ online gambling site. This won’t be a problem for many, but those who opened a PayPal account years ago might notice a discrepancy.
Lastly, players cannot withdraw to PayPal unless they first made an eligible deposit via the method.
The list of NJ online casinos that allow PayPal transactions is rapidly growing in number. Here’s a full, and up-to-date listing:
- Betfair Casino
- Golden Nugget Casino
- 888 Casino
- Pala Casino
- Scores Casino
- Resorts Casino
- Mohegan Sun
- Caesars Casino
- Harrah’s Casino
Read our complete guide to PayPal here.
Recommended: Cashier’s Cage at the Casino
For players desiring to transact business face-to-face, the cashier’s cage at the casino is a swift and easy option for funding an account.
Players can deposit their cash at the brick-and-mortar casino partner of each of the state’s online gambling sites.
Payments can be made through personal check, credit or debit card through this method. Generally, the only additional information players will need to provide is a picture ID and their NJ online gambling account user information.
The table below shows you where to go to make deposits and withdrawals for your preferred online casino.
Where to Deposit or Withdraw Funds in Person
|NJ Online Casino||Brick-and-Mortar Casino Partner|
|Scores Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|BetMGM Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Borgata Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|PartyPoker||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Pala Casino||Borgata Hotel & Casino|
|Caesars Casino||Caesars Atlantic City Hotel and Casino|
|888 casino||Caesars Atlantic City Hotel and Casino|
|Betfair Casino||Golden Nugget Atlantic City|
|Golden Nugget||Golden Nugget Atlantic City|
|Play SugarHouse||Golden Nugget Atlantic City|
|Harrah’s Casino||Harrah's Resort Atlantic City|
|Resorts Casino||Resorts Casino Hotel|
|Mohegan Sun Casino||Resorts Casino Hotel|
|PokerStars||Resorts Casino Hotel|
|Tropicana Casino||Tropicana Casino and Resort|
|Virgin Casino||Tropicana Casino and Resort|
Online Banking Transfer
As you likely noticed, all of these casinos are located in Atlantic City. Because of this, the cash at the cage option will prove inconvenient for some. But for locales and those who frequent the boardwalk city often, there is perhaps no more efficient method of getting money on and offline.
The option of transferring money directly from a bank account to an internet gaming account exists, but is fully dependent on the availability of an online bill pay service being available at the customer’s banking institution.
A partial listing of banks that utilize Online Bill Pay include:
- Bank of America
- Capital One 360
- HSBC Bank USA
- Santander (Sovereign) Bank
- TD Bank
Just be sure to enable the online bill pay feature before using this method for deposits.
The true beauty of online banking transfers is that players will not have to share any of their financial information with the NJ online gambling site. Instead, depositing players will be directed right to their online banking portal, where they’ll enter their banking ID and password to complete the transaction.
Not all sites take advantage of online banking transfers, but most of our recommended picks, including Borgata Casino, Resorts Casino, and Play SugarHouse, certainly do.
When high acceptance rates are what you seek, consider the prepaid card option.
Recognizing that players don’t want to necessarily haul themselves to the store to purchase prepaid Visa or MasterCards, most NJ online gambling sites have introduced their own branded prepaid cards, which can be used both at the affiliated site, and wherever Discover cards are accepted.
NJ online casino prepaid cards can even be used for ATM withdrawals, just like a debit card that players receive from their bank.
In addition, a virtual prepaid option called Wyrz is available at select sites, but works a bit differently. When a player’s credit card deposit is rejected, they are immediately sent to the Wyrz deposit page, where they can deposit onto a virtual card and then directly into the site.
There are multiple other upsides to utilizing the prepaid card method, including:
- Prepaid cards can be funded with both checking accounts, and Visa/MasterCard, hassle free. This makes them perfect for players that have had difficulty directly loading their NJ online casino account via ACH or credit/debit cards.
- Players do not need to wait for a physical card to arrive to start using the prepaid card for NJ online casino account loads. Simply complete the simple signup process and go. Successful transactions process instantaneously.
- Prepaid card deposits boost what is arguably the highest acceptance rates of any depositing method.
- Players can withdraw to a prepaid card without having first used the vehicle for deposits.
That being said, the prepaid card option has a few notable drawbacks that knock it down a peg:
- Deposit limits are rather middling, with the typical daily limit hovering somewhere around $2,000, and monthly limits at $10,000. However, VIP and frequent users can inquire about higher limits.
- Setting up a prepaid account entails a few extra steps that other depositing methods do not. Deposits also require an extra step, but nothing too burdensome.
- Prepaid cards are unique to each NJ online gambling site, meaning that players will have to get one prepaid card per site they wish to deposit on. That can make for quite the full wallet.
Just about every NJ online casino site now offers a prepaid card option, with the most notable exceptions being Tropicana Casino and Virgin Casino — although both sites offer just about every other possible depositing vehicle.
One of the most convenient ways for players to make deposits into their online gambling accounts is through their Visa or MasterCard credit cards. Credit cards must have sufficient credit available to cover the amount that the customer wishes to deposit. A debit card that is linked to a bank account may also be utilized to easily fund an online casino account.
The fact that legal online gambling is relatively new in New Jersey has led some credit card companies to reject deposits. As banks come to better understand NJ iGaming law, however, this is becoming less of an issue. If it does happen, simply contact customer support and they will guide you through your options.
Note: Credit card deposits to NJ online gambling sites are often recorded by the issuing bank as cash advances, so fees may apply. Check with your bank for more details.
E-wallets are online accounts in which players can store their bank account information and credit card numbers in a safe and secure way. You can fund e-wallet accounts in a variety of ways and then make seamless and instantaneous deposits and withdrawals at online casinos.
Beyond PayPal, players can take their pick of a few different e-wallet options, including the following:
- NETELLER: Neteller is a secure digital payment processing service that can be utilized to fund an online gaming account. Through Neteller, users have the option of linking their account to a physical Discover Card, which can be used wherever Discover is accepted.
- Skrill: Skrill is a digital payment processing service geared toward the gaming industry. It’s already accepted at most major casinos and poker rooms and can easily be used to fund a gaming account. The service allows you to keep financial details discreet any time it’s utilized and enables users to make payments from any of their credit/debit cards or bank accounts that they’ve chosen to link.
Generally speaking, users who successfully load funds onto their Skrill or Neteller accounts should have no problem loading the funds on their NJ online gambling account. However, it’s important to note that Neteller and Skrill charge small transaction fees.
Not all sites have embraced Neteller and Skrill, but one of our top picks (Borgata Casino) is high on these methods.
Cash at 7-Eleven
Those who don’t wish to use bank accounts, credit cards or e-wallets can utilize PayNearMe, an electronic cash payment service, to fund their gaming accounts.
The service allows a customer to make a deposit at any participating 7-Eleven convenience store. Payment history is stored in the PayNearMe app and a receipt is generated for the customer’s records. Users must bring their PayNearMe barcode along with their cash to make their deposits.
Once the deposit is made, players receive a special code which they can then input into their gaming account to receive their funds.
Like cash at the casino cage, PayNearMe is a 100% reliable means of getting money online. But perhaps the most notable benefit is that 7-Eleven’s are located all throughout the state of New Jersey, all but guaranteeing players won’t have to travel very far to find a location that will honor their request.
Bank Wire Transfers
Bank wire transfers are another lesser known option for replenishing one’s account. This option allows customers concerned about divulging personal financial information – as is required with many of the other available methods – to fund their accounts without sharing such details with any third parties.
Bank wires can also be the ideal option for making large-sum deposits into an online gambling account.
However, applicable fees — as well as the length of time before transactions are processed and reflected — are less-than-ideal aspects of this funding solution.
A personal check from a corresponding bank account can also be used to fund an internet gambling account. Players must have available the balance that they wish to deposit in their checking account, which will normally take between 7-10 days for mailing time and to clear the customer’s bank.
Any applicable bank overdraft fees will be the full responsibility of the customer.
While a variety of NJ online gambling sites are happy to send payouts via paper checks, only a select few allow them for deposits. The most notable example is Betfair Casino, which also accepts cashier checks, money orders, and bankers drafts.
Normally, your options are little more limited for making withdrawals rather than depositing, but not by much. Fortunately, since NJ online casinos and sportsbooks are highly regulated by the state Division of Gaming Enforcement, you’ll never have to worry that your deposit will be arbitrarily delayed or even canceled altogether, as is commonly the case with unlicensed offshore gambling sites.
Fastest cashout methods: PayPal, Prepaid Card, Cash at casino cage
To make near-instant electronic cash outs, we suggest using PayPal or the Prepaid Card option. With PayPal, keep in mind that many casinos require you to have made a deposit via that method before they will allow you to cashout through the popular processor.
If you’re looking for the absolute fastest way to get cold hard cash in your hand, you could simply request to pick up your withdrawal at the operator’s land-based partner casino.
For example, if you wanted to cash out your DraftKings balance, you could request to pick up your money at the Resorts Casino cage, DraftKings’ Atlantic City partner. After approval, just head to the window and pick up your money.
If you have deposited using your credit card, be aware that you cannot put money back on the card, so you’ll have to use another method. Instead, we suggest requesting the money using the ACH option, which usually processes in around 1-2 days.
List of NJ online casino withdrawal options
- Bank transfer (ACH): This method allows the customer to simply transfer money from their online casino or poker account to their bank account. Customers must supply their bank’s unique routing number and the bank account number where the withdrawal will be deposited.
- PayPal: Players that have deposited using a Personal PayPal account, can withdraw funds to the same account. Turnaround times for this payout vehicle are generally very fast.
- Check by mail: Users can opt to have their withdrawal processed by check. This process is not the fastest, and may take from 1-2 weeks to be completed.
- Cashier’s cage at casino: Customers may request their withdrawal in person at the cashier’s cage of the online casino’s brick-and-mortar partner location.
- Neteller: Neteller can also be used to make secure digital withdrawals from an internet gaming account. Funds can be deposited to any of the funding accounts linked to the customer’s Neteller profile. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- Skrill: Much as with Neteller and other e-wallet services, customers can request their withdrawals be processed to any of the funding accounts linked to their Skrill profile. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- Prepaid Card: Players who have signed up for the prepaid card option can request that the withdrawal be sent to their branded card. Note that players do not have to first deposit funds using their prepaid card to request a withdrawal.