Golden Nugget Casino Promo Code 2021
After a subdued start, Golden Nugget Casino has gone on to become the biggest and arguably the most successful online casino brand in New Jersey,
Today, the operator boasts one of the industry’s most extensive desktop and mobile libraries. It also hasn’t shied away from providing players with immense value. Whether it be through the site’s various daily, monthly, and annual promos, its VIP club, or its lucrative welcome package, players will have ample opportunity to claim a piece of Golden Nugget’s mammoth giveaways.
Given this, and combined with the site’s easy to navigate and eye-catching platform, it’s really no wonder why players flock to Golden Nugget Casino.
Golden Nugget Casino NJ Bonus Offer – February 2021
Create a Golden Nugget Casino account using any of the links on this page and receive $10 absolutely free. This exclusive offer pays offers $10 free on top of the public offer, and is available only to new customers that use our exclusive link here and use the code NJOG follow the instructions on the page.
Players that wish to make a real-money deposit are entitled to an even larger bonus. They will receive a 100% match of their deposit amount, up to $1,000 plus if you sign up with one of our links, 200 free spins on their exciting new game 88 Fortunes Megaways. This translates to the biggest first deposit bonus in New Jersey, plus an added bonus of 200 free spins.
Golden Nugget Online Casino bonus code
|Golden Nugget Bonus Code||NJOGBONUS|
|Bonus Valid||February 2021|
|No Deposit Bonus||$10 Free|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000 + 200 Free Spins|
|Atlantic City Partner||Golden Nugget AC|
How it works
Upon successfully registering an account, the free $10 will be immediately allocated to player accounts. The bonus funds are subject to a 20x turnover on most slots, meaning in order to cash out players will first have to wager $200 on qualifying slot titles. Table games contribute at a 25% rate, and thus will require wagers totaling $800 (80x) before the funds are transferred to a player’s cash wallet.
Unfortunately, not all slots count 100% towards clearing the bonus. A handful of games only contribute 20% which essentially makes the wagering requirement 100x on these popular titles. See the sites bonus terms and conditions for the full list.
As for the 100% match up to $1,000, in order to qualify, players must make a first real-money deposit of at least $30. The wagering requirements for this bonus are 10x the deposit plus bonus amount, which is really just a glorified way of saying 20x the deposit amount. With the highest return slots only contributing 20%, the returns on gameplay are actually highest playing table games (by a slight margin), with slots not too far behind, but will require an extra $60,000 in wagering if you choose blackjack over slots. We do suggest you avoiding the slots that only contribute 20% towards the wagering requirements as you will lose value and will take a much larger time commitment.
In addition to the free $10 and match bonus up to $1000, for new players who sign up before June 30th, 2020, Golden Nugget is offering 200 free spins on their exciting new slot, 88 Fortunes Megaways. Once you sign up using one of the many links on this page and make your first real money deposit of at least $10, there will be 200 spins waiting for you. All winnings from these free spins are subject to just a 1x turnover before being moved from your bonus balance to your withdrawable cash balance.
Of course the player advantage will be temporary, and there’s no guarantee that players will walk away winners — but that’s why it’s called gambling. Regardless, this is an offer players won’t want to turn their backs on.
What’s great about Golden Nugget Casino?
- Game selection: Golden Nugget has by far the largest game library in all of New Jersey. Not only that, but Golden Nugget offers a far greater diversity of game formats than most NJ online casinos, with traditional formats such as slots, blackjack, and roulette supported, but also alternative games like Live Dealer and Scratchers.
- Promotional value: Golden Nugget is one of the few online casinos in NJ to consistently offer both quick-hitting and long-term promotions. Even after the generous Welcome Package there are new solid offers each and every week. Match bonuses, loyalty point multipliers, sweepstakes giveaways, and the incredible monthly and annual $1 Million Golden Race. That last promotional alone awards monthly prize pools in excess of $60,000, along with a $200k year-end giveaway. These promos also have a fairly low clearance requirement.
- Mobile offering: Once an afterthought, mobile is now the go-to playing format for many NJ online gamblers. The shift doesn’t really surprise, as most operators have dramatically improved their NJ mobile apps over the past few years. Golden Nugget has led the charge, porting not only a large percentage of their slot catalog, but also its Live Dealer offerings, and the biggest slection of video poker games. Not to mention, the mobile product is as comprehensive and runs just as well as its desktop counterpart.
- Shared Site and Wallet with Sportsbook: In February 2019, Golden Nugget launched an online sportsbook as part of their desktop and mobile sites. The sportsbook is offering a $100 Risk-Free bet for first time bettors and no need to deposit if you already have a casino balance.
What’s not so great?
- Loyalty program is underwhelming, and VIP cashback rewards program is just decent.
- The annual promotion caters way too much to hardcore players.
Game selection at Golden Nugget Casino NJ
To say that Golden Nugget has a large selection of games would be an understatement. Gaming options run the gamut from old-school slots to Live Dealer Blackjack to even Keno, Golden Nugget Casino has set the bar for game libraries in New Jersey.
Covering just about every thematic element and bonus variant under the sun, players won’t have difficulty finding a slot title that fits their fancy. The site updates its slot selection so often that listing the most recently posted games would be an effort in futility, but here’s a look at some newer popular offerings:
- BloodSuckers II
- Dancing Drums
- Twin Spin deluxe
- Golden Chief
- Dr. Jekyll Goes Wild (features Big Bet option)
- Monopoly: Bring the House Down (also features Big Bet)
- Royal Elephant
- Lock It Link Night Life
- Dragon Spin
- Guns N Roses
Prefer old-school games found more commonly at brick & mortar casinos? Golden Nugget Casino has those too, in spades:
- 50 Lions
- China Shores
- Double Diamond
- Quick Hit Platinum
- Raging Rhino
- Triple Diamond
Golden Nugget also features the most jackpot games in all of New Jersey including popular titles like:
- Divine Fortune
- Gong Xi Fa Cai
- One Red Cent Deluxe
- World of Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- China Shores with Quick Strike Online
All Golden Nugget slots are penny machines featuring denominations as low as $0.20 for all lines, up to maximums in the hundreds.
In August 2016, Golden Nugget Casino became the first NJ online casino to offer the Live Dealer format. A true blending of online and live play, Live Dealer games feature real dealers, a wealth of immersive social interaction features, and game outcomes that are determined by real cards and roulette wheels.
The games are streamed directly from a studio located at Golden Nugget AC, with the exception of Live Casino Floor Roulette, which is streamed directly from the casino floor. Visitors to the brick and mortar casino can actually catch a glimspe to the live studio on their walk into the casino area. That, and all betting is handled digitally, resulting in faster gameplay, and eliminating dealer errors.
Call it a best of both worlds scenario.
Currently, Golden Nugget features the following Live Dealer games:
- Casino Floor Roulette
- Unlimited Blackjack (an exclusive variant with a “common draw” format that prevents any need for waiting)
Golden Nugget Casino offers a ton of BlackJack options with significant overlap among them.
For instance, there are several Blackjack Pro: Atlantic City Single Hand games, with not much difference between them outside of the table stakes. It is worth noting, however, that these games do allow for surrender.
Sidebet Blackjack and Vegas Blackjack are both multi-hand games, with the latter boasting better rules, and the former allowing for a variety of side action.
There is also Blackjack Micro Limit (mediocre rules). Blackjack Pro Multi Hand is the latest addition to the mix.
Unfortunately, the Live Dealer game doesn’t have the best rule set either, as the dealer must hit on soft 17s, there is no surrender option, and players can only split once. But it’s still way better than what players will find at Vegas Strip casinos.
Blackjack can be played online for as little as $0.10 a hand — players simply won’t find anything near that table min at brick & mortar casinos. Even the $10 min for Live Dealer Blackjack is less than table minimums at most Atlantic City casinos.
Other table games
Golden Nugget Casino has a decent, if not magnificent, selection of non-blackjack table games, including:
- American Roulette
- 3-Wheel Roulette
- Roulette Master
- 100/1 Roulette
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette
- European Roulette
- Roulette European
- American Roulette
- Roulette Advanced
- No Commission Baccarat
- 777 Blazing Blackjack
- Casino Hold’em Poker
- Let It Ride
Beyond their presentation, the roulette games are largely the same, with two main differences worth pointing out. For one, there are several American Roulette variants (two zeros on the wheel). These are best avoided as they feature a 5.26% house edge. European Roulette is the better bet — one zero for a house edge of 2.7%.
Secondly, there are roulette games that players will not find live. The first is Double Bonus Spin Roulette, which features an inner and outer ring, a Bonus round slot, and payouts as large as 1,200x.
3 Wheel Roulette features even more rings (three), allowing players to hedge their bets. It also sports a Colour Up Bonus, that pays out on color matches, pairs, straights, and triples. The maximum payout is 1,200x.
All roulette games features pretty bottom barrel minimum wagers, as low as $0.10, and typically no higher than $1.
Let it Ride and Three Card Poker are popular carnival games found on most land-based casino floors. However, live players won’t be able to grind out these games for a $1 a round, like they can online.
No Commission Baccarat is the same as the commission variant, except instead of paying 5% on Banker wins, the payout is only 1:2 when the Banker wins with a total of 8. The minimum wager for this game is also $1.
Royal flush seekers will generally be pleased with Golden Nugget’s above average video poker selection. The site features the largest selection in New Jersey although some are the same game dressed up differently:
- Jacks or Better
- Bonus Poker and Regal Poker (same game, different titles)
- Jester Poker (Joker Poker)
- Double Bonus Poker (two variations) and Double Regal Poker (same game)
- Double Double Bonus Poker (two variations) and Double Double Regal Poker
- Regal Poker Deluxe (awards 10% of Royal Flush payout on quads)
- Deuces Wild (two versions)
- Deuces Wild Elite
- Tens or Better
- Aces & Faces
- All American Poker
- Three Play Draw Poker
- Five Play Draw Poker
- Destiny Poker
Generally speaking, players are best off playing the Game King variants, as they tend to offer the best paytables. Returns for the single line Game King games range from 98.98% (Double Double Bonus) to 99.54% Jacks or Better. What’s more is that these excellent paytables can be enjoyed for as little as $0.10 a hand.
Game King’s multi-hand games feature downgraded payout tables, and generally return somewhere in the vicinity of 97%.
Know that scratch-off tickets that are placed front and center in just about every convenience store in New Jersey? Scratchers are the digital equivalent of those.
Golden Nugget now features these games, all of which are branded after slot titles present on the site:
- Irish Eyes 2
- Merlin’s Millions
- Oil Mania
- Volcano Eruption
- Ghostbusters: Spectral Search
- Medieval Money: Dragon’s Loot
- DoublePlay Super Bet
- Witch Pickings
- Wheel of Fortune: Winning Words Game
- Color Cubes
- The Voice
Generally speaking, scratchers return between 90 – 95% to the player, and feature top prizes of 1,000x the initial wager. They usually come equipped with a bonus feature, typically in the form of free games. Winning is as easy as matching three of the same symbol.
Minimum wagers start at $0.20.
Golden Nugget NJ promotions
Golden Nugget offers a robust promotional menu that serves up standing promos, short-term offers, and an annual blast of value catered toward its most dedicated players:
- Refer a friend: Refer a buddy to Golden Nugget Casino and they will receive an extra 100% up to $50 match bonus on their second deposit. Should the referred friend make an eligible deposit of $50 or more and wager that amount one time, the referrer will win a $50 bonus. You can do this up to 10 times for up to $500 in bonuses!
- Cashback on deposits: Apply for a Golden Nugget prepaid card and receive $1 on all debit/credit cards loads of $100 or more.
- $100 Risk-Free Sports Bet: For new and existing casino customers, Golden Nugget online sportsbook is offering a 1 time Risk-Free bet, where if your first bet loses, Golden Nugget will refund your account up to $100 in the form of a free bet.
Not a week goes by when Golden Nugget Casino doesn’t light up the Promos tab with at least one short-term promotion. Typically these offers last about three days, and gift players the opportunity to capitalize on a match bonus, loyalty point multiplier, or sweepstakes drawing.
Million Dollar Race
This is the crown jewel of Golden Nugget’s promotional schedule. Both a monthly and annual leaderboard promo, it rewards players that generate the most loyalty points (Golden Points) with cash and prizes totaling $60,000 per month or more. Golden Points are earned primarily through real-money wagering.
To top it off, in December, Golden Nugget ends the promotion with a mammoth $200,000 giveaway.
Admittedly, navigating to the top of the leaderboard will require some heavy betting and plenty of time spent on the site. But the good news is that the promo also rewards a select few players at random — so casuals are not left completely out in the cold.
Golden Nugget Casino loyalty program
Most NJ online casinos offer some sort of loyalty program, and Golden Nugget Casino is no exception. The program is called the Golden Reward Player’s Club, and all players are immediately eligible upon successfully registering an account.
In terms of player value, the program ranks about average. Players earn points for their real-money play at the following clips:
- 5 points for every $100 wagered on slots
- 1 point for every $100 wagered on all other games
- 1 point for every $100 wagered on sports
100 points can be redeemed for $1 cash, meaning each point earned is worth a penny. Thus, the cashback rate for slots works out to 0.05% and the table game rate is 0.01%. That’s pretty insignificant.
But luckily the point total are bolstered by completing other tasks on the site:
- Each day players deposit between $50 – $99 they win 20 points
- Earn 40 points each day players make a deposit of $100 or more
In addition, players that accrue 3,000 Golden Points lifetime, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t that tall a task, will be invited to the VIP Rewards Club. VIPs receive special support, surprise VIP Happy Hours and qualify for rooms, entertainment, and food/beverage deals at the land-based Golden Nugget in Atlantic City.
They’ll also be entitled to weekly cashback bonuses. How this works is that players will receive a cashback reward based on the amount of their net deposit for the week. Unfortunately, the program has since been downgraded, and now players must lose at least $200 to receive any cashback. Not only that, the cashback percentage is now capped at just 20%. It’s still a good deal, but not nearly what it once was.
All cashback bonuses awarded are subject to a 1x wagering requirement on slots (5x on other games) before they become cashable.
Golden Nugget also supports an invite only VIP Elite Club. Should they be invited, players will be treated to the following amenities:
- Dedicated VIP account manager
- Special birthday/holiday gifts
- Expedited withdrawals
- Preferred dining at Landry’s restaurants
- All perks of the VIP Rewards Club
Banking at Golden Nugget Casino
It really doesn’t matter how good an online casino is if players have difficulty getting funds on and off of it. Luckily, Golden Nugget Casino offers players an array of viable cashiering methods.
- PayPal: Use your existing PayPal account to deposit and withdraw instantly at Golden Nugget without having to divulge your bank details.
- VIP Preferred e-Check: has replaced the previous ACH option. Immediate deposit via a linked bank account. .
- Play+ Prepaid Card: Solid alternative for players that have had trouble depositing via Visa/MasterCard. Recently, Golden Nugget Casino announced that players will now be able to fund their cards with eChecks as well. They’ll also receive $1 cashback on all loads of $100 or more.
- Visa/MasterCard credit/debit card: Better acceptance rates than before, but TD Bank, Bank of America, and Chase are still known to reject Visa transactions. Capital One and Santander may reject MasterCard attempts. When using credit cards, the issuing bank may charge a cash advance fee.
- 7-Eleven PayNearMe Cash: Viable option for those who do not have a credit card or checking account. Once the transfer is completed funds will be immediately loaded, but this method does require players to visit a brick-and-mortar 7-Eleven.
- Online banking transfer: Benefits include instant processing, long list of participating banks, and transactions that are handled through bank portals and not on site.
- Cash at the Golden Nugget AC casino cage: Those who live within proximity of Atlantic City, or just happen to be in the area are encouraged to deposit cash directly at the casino cage at the land-based Golden Nugget. Funds available immediately. Players with a Golden Nugget AC Safekeeping account can also transfer funds directly from that account at the Cashier’s Cage.
- Bank wire transfer: Transfer funds between a bank account and an online casino account. Not the swiftest turnaround time — 5 – 7 days.
- Play+ Prepaid Card
- VIP Preferred e-Check
- Golden Nugget casino cage (cash or transfer to Safekeeping account)
- Personal check: $300 minimum, may take between 2-3 weeks to receive check in mail
- Bank wire transfer: 5-7 days processing time
Typically, players will have to use a method for depositing (or at least verify the method) before they can use the same method for withdrawals.
Golden Nugget Casino software
Since December 2015, Golden Nugget Casino has been powered by the NYX Gaming Open Platform System. This has enabled the operator to greatly expand its game library, which now is the largest in New Jersey. Of those, NYX’s in-house gaming studio, NextGen, provides a large library of games.
Golden Nugget Casino is available on both desktop and for iOS/Android powered devices. An optimized mobile site exists, but when players click on a game they are prompted to download the mobile app:
- Browser-based client: PC and Mac users looking for the full Golden Nugget Casino experience are best off playing on the site’s browser-based client. Outside of a small geolocation plugin, players will never be tasked with downloading any software. The client is compatible with most up-to-date browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari for MAC.
- iOS/Android: Golden Nugget’s mobile app is truly a powerhouse. Designed to recreate the feel of the browser-based app without ever feeling cluttered, the app features myriad quality of life and account management features, and most of the games features on desktop.
Generally speaking, we found the Golden Nugget Casino support team friendly, informed, and quick to respond. There are three primary ways of getting in touch with support:
- Live chat: Available round the clock, and accessed through the game client. Best option for players that need a quick response to a common question.
- Email: Response times vary, but generally tend toward the shorter side (less than 24 hours). Solid alternative if Live Chat reps cannot answer an inquiry. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Speak to a representative directly by calling 855-582-5117
More on Golden Nugget Casino
Golden Nugget AC is a relative newcomer to New Jersey, having first opened its doors in 2011. It was that year that Landry’s purchased the grossly underperforming Trump Marina for $38 million and rebranded it. Over the ensuing months, Landry’s put $150 million worth of renovations into the property, including new restaurants, clubs, and an outdoor pool.
After securing an online gambling license in 2013, Golden Nugget tried to launch along with the first wave of regulated sites that November, but technical hiccups delayed its debut by a few weeks. It’s official launch date was December 13, 2013.
The small-time operator struggled at first, outperformed by more recognizable brands like Borgata and Caesars. But a strategic move to hold back on marketing spend until other operators scaled back their initial efforts paid off dividends. That, and the addition of Betfair Casino in November 2014 to the Golden Nugget AC license resulted in monthly revenue increasing from under seven figures in August 2014 to over $2 million in December 2014, and $3 million by the following April.
In 2016, presumably due to a massive expansion of its game library, the launch of Live Dealer, and the addition of Play SugarHouse to the license, Golden Nugget AC really took off, becoming the first NJ operator to eclipse $4 million in monthly NJ online casino revenue in October 2016, then $5 million in February 2017, and $6 million the very next month. In both the first two months of 2018, Golden Nugget and its license partners combined for more than $7 million in revenue.
Today, Golden Nugget is home to a 75,000 square foot casino, over 700 guest rooms, a large selection of restaurants, a night club, spa and outdoor heated pool. Golden Nugget online is always in the mix for top online casino in New Jersey and in February 2019 added an online sportsbook to their site. Golden Nugget offers one of the largest first deposit bonuses in the US market. Look for Golden Nugget to expand its reach outside of the Garden State in the near future as more states look to legalize online casinos.