Ocean Online Casino Promo Code & Review
Launched in July 2018, Ocean Online Casino is the digital offering from one of Atlantic City’s most recently built casinos, Ocean Resort. The land-based property opened on June 28, 2018 and occupies the same space as the former and much maligned Revel Casino.
Like its land-based counterpart, Ocean Online still has a bit to prove if it hopes to break into the upper echelon of a very competitive marketplace and came out the gate swinging with a $10,000 deposit match bonus, but has since severely cut that down to a meager $500 deposit bonus with an above-average wagering requirement of 30x. Oceans is also offering a $25 no deposit bonus and up to 50 free spins.
Ocean Casino NJ Bonus Offer – September 2020
Register a Ocean online casino using any of the links on this page and receive $25 free and 50 free spins just for signing up, but it is a very rigid schedule on when and how to use this free money and spins.
Wishing to make a real-money deposit? Ride the ocean tide with a 100% match up to $500 for first-time depositing players but they are going to make you work hard to turn that bonus cash into real cash.
Ocean Online Casino 2020 Bonus Code & Details
|Ocean Casino Promo Code||None needed|
|No Deposit Bonus||$25 Free + 50 Free Spins|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $500|
|Atlantic City Partner||Ocean Resort Casino|
How it works – No-deposit bonus
Unlike other sites that allow you to choose how you use your no-deposit bonus, Oceans sets a daily schedule on how to play. Day 1 is the day you sign up and the days following are 2-6.
- Day 1 – 10 Free Spins on Starburst
- Day 2 – 10 Free Spins on Gonzo’s Quest
- Day 3 – $10 Pre-wager bonus on Table Games
- Day 4 – 15 Free Spins Finn & The Swirly Spin
- Day 5 – 15 Free Spins Dead or Alive
- Day 6 – $15 Pre-wager bonus on Video Poker or Roulette
The wagering requirements to clear the bonus funds acquired during these free spins are 20x, so don’t expect to get rich during this no-deposit bonus, but it does give you a chance to check out the site.
How it works – Deposit bonus
When you decide to make your first deposit, Ocean Online Casino will match that deposit 100% up to $500.
To claim this deposit match, you must first opt in and make a minimum first deposit of $50. Once you make your qualifying deposit, there are 30x wagering requirements for slots, 60x on roulette and a staggering 300x on all other games. For example, lets say your first deposit is $100, and your game of choice is slots, you would need to wager $3000 to clear the bonus funds, $6000 if you like roulette and $30,000 if you are a blackjack or video poker player. Our suggestion would be to stick to slots.
What’s special about Ocean Online NJ?
- Exclusive slots: Exclusives are something of a novelty in the NJ online casino market, so we were pleasantly surprised to see that Ocean online casino launched with several exclusive slots from Ainsworth Interactive Games. For now, slots like Sheer Magic, King & Queen, and Winning Wolf cannot be found on any other site in the market.
- Cross-promotions with Atlantic City brand: Online players at Ocean online casino will be incentivized to visit Ocean’s land-based property in Atlantic City. We’ve already seen the early signs of how the site plans to achieve this, via both its no-deposit bonus, which awards free play to brick & mortar customers, and through a recurring promotion where online players can win a stay in a Ocean Resort Casino suite.
- Game Selection: Since their launch, Ocean Online Casino has expanded its game selection exponentially, offering one of the most diverse libraries in all of New Jersey.
What’s not so special?
- High wagering on bonuses.
- Select games crash from time to time.
- No PayPal as a depositing or withdrawal method at present.
Game selection at Ocean online casino
Boasting games from all the big names in online gaming such as IGT, Everi and NetEnt, Ocean Online Casino has an expansive library of games whether you like slots, table games or video poker.
Ocean Online Casino has a large selection of games, but lacks the ability to sort by any means aside from “New” and “All.” There is a search feature at the top of the screen, but if you do not know the exact game you are looking for, you are going to have to scroll through hundreds and just guess that you want to play that particular slot. Most sites have the option to separate by slot type, game provider or return, but Ocean casino leaves you to find what you are looking for.
That being said, their selection has grown year after year, month after month to be a very respectable selection. After making a deal with NetEnt to bring their games to the site, Ocean Casino brought their value up from an average of 92% RTP to a wide selection of games that offer much more value at 97+% RTP. The NetEnt deal also brought the most popular Jackpot slot Divine Fortune to their site. Divine Fortune routinely offers jackpots in the six figures with a tiny minimum bet of $0.20.
Other highlights include games from Konami like China Shores, and Great Tiger from Everi. Ocean also apparently has a love for modern takes on old school slots: Smokin’ Hot Gems, Double Diamond, and several others buck recent industry trends with their emphasis on fewer paylines and distaste for over-the-top bonus structures.
One area where Ocean online casino spared no expense is in its Slingo selection. A large selection these slot-bingo hybrid games populate the slot lobby, offering players a chance to parlay a small investment into a gigantic score.
Sadly, the site’s table game selection is rather unimpressive. They cover all the major table games, but offer almost the bare minimum variations.
- Blazin Blackjack
- Pro Blackjack
- Blackjack Xchange
- NetEnt Blackjack
- EZ Baccarat
- EZ Baccarat Multiplayer
- Roulette Royale
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- Let It Ride Bonus
While they seem to have all their bases covered, this is quite a paltry list compared to other online casinos in New Jersey.
Those who fancy a bit of skillful gaming will be pleased to know that Ocean online casino does support some very good video poker games. Four popular Game King variants, including Jacks of Better, and Double Double Bonus, populate the lobby, and feature returns of approximately 99% or higher.
There are also two GAN branded games. GAN Jacks or Better game is a 9/6 game returning 99.54% with optimal play, making it one of the best investments on the site. Just consider dodging GAN’s Deuces Wild game, as it’s paytable is far from optimal.
In addition to the six single line games there is a one-off title called PokerBet. Previously exclusive to Betfair Casino, this unique twist on traditional poker lays players odds on simulated Texas Hold’em hands, but only returns 95%.
Promotions at Ocean online casino
With each passing week, Ocean online casino has ramped up its promotional schedule, and we’re excited to see how far it goes. For now, there’s a fair number of promos on the site, although admittedly, they vary pretty widely in terms of quality and value.
- Fortuna Wheel: Take a free spin every four hours for a chance to win up to $1,000 as a site credit, subject to a 1x wagering requirement. Frankly, most of the time players will win a less than a buck, and often nothing, but it’s worth a shot.
- Refer-a-friend: Tell a friend about Ocean Online NJ and you and the friend will both receive an instant $10 bonus, pending the friend makes a deposit.
- Leaderboards: Opt-in to the daily free spin Leaderboards with a 200 free spins awarded every day. Not always worth centering your play around, but it’s something.
Other promotional vehicles witnessed on the site include a leaderboard (Suite Sound of the Ocean) where the top earner wins his or her choice of a $1,000 site credit or a 6 night stay at a studio suite at Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City. Unfortunately, the amount of play required to earn this reward is mammoth. Another recent promotion at the end of baseball season offered free spins for deposits, with extra bonus spins for the number of runs scored in playoff games on the day of deposit.
There’s also still an offer (Sail the Seven Seas) where slot players that earn 50 daily points for 60 days (over a course of roughly three months) win an invite to a slot tournament, where the grand prize winner will be whisked away on a 117-day world cruise. Second and third place prizes are also available.
Ocean Casino loyalty program
Ocean Casino’s “High Seas Club” allows you to cash in based on the amount you play, and never expires. You will receive 5 points for every $1 wagered on slots, 3 points for every $1 wagered roulette, video poker and other table games, and 1 point for every $1 wagered on Blackjack.
- Waveless: 0-24,999 points
- Delta: 25,000-99,000 points
- Bay: 500,000 – 1,499,999 points
- Gulf: 1,500,000 – 3,749,999 points
- Sea: 3,750,000+ points
- Ocean: Invite only
To climb the tier ladder, earn the above points in one calendar month, and begin enjoying your rewards. Depending on your tier level, you can convert your points to 1x bonus cash at varying rates. Once you turn them over at a 1x, you can continue to play with the now converted bonus money, or withdraw the funds.
Cashiering at Ocean Online NJ
Ocean online casino may not have the most eclectic bunch of cashiering options, but there’s more than enough ways to get money on and off the site to satiate most players.
- VIP Preferred e-Check: One of the most reliable ways to get money online, but subject to hard weekly depositing limits. Deposits are immediately withdrawn from a connected checking account.
- Visa/MasterCard: Added after launch, a standard credit card is now a payment option.
- Ocean prepaid card: A physical card is not required to fund the prepaid card, although players will receive one in the mail. A minimum deposit of $10 is required.
- PayNearMe Cash: Perfect for those who preference cash transactions but cannot easily get down to Atlantic City, PayNearMe allows account loads at eligible 7-Eleven locations. Minimum deposit: $10.
- Cash @ the Ocean Resort AC cage: Players who live near Atlantic City, or who just happen to be in the area, will be happy to know that they can fund their Ocean online account at the land-based Ocean Resort in AC. Just be sure to bring a government issued ID. Min deposit is $10.
- Bank wire: Transfer funds directly from your bank to Ocean via wire transfer. Ocean covers fees on all transfers over $100.
- Physical checks: In addition to personal checks, Ocean online accept money orders, cashier checks, and bankers drafts. This is a sort of last resort option, as it will take roughly 7-10 days for the funds to appear online.
Noticeably absent from the list is PayPal transactions, which is unfortunate as this method appears on many NJ online casino sites. It’s likely that PayPal will come soon.
- VIP Preferred e-Check
- Ocean prepaid card
- Cash @ the Ocean Resort AC cage
Ocean online casino software
Ocean online casino is powered by GAN, the same platform provider behind the excellent Betfair Casino site in New Jersey. Because of this, we saw a few games that were previously exclusive to Betfair pop up on Ocean, such as EZ Baccarat, GAN Deuces Wild, and PokerBet.
On another high note, the software is rich with account management features. With just a click or two, players can access their account statements, bonus history, responsible gaming settings, the help menu, their tax statements and more.
Ocean is currently only supported on PC/Mac desktops and laptops. It is accessed through a browser-based client that is compatible with all major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari for Mac.
The lack of a mobile app for Android and iOS devices is confounding and frankly, unacceptable. Every other online casino in New Jersey supports an app, including the equally new Hard Rock Casino. Ocean insists that a mobile app is coming, but they have been live for several years, and still no app leads us to believe that it is not a priority.
As for the PC version of the software, it runs smoothly enough, although we did experience the occasional hang-up and software crash. Nothing that detracted from the overall playing experience too drastically, but not negligible either. More annoying is that upon closing a game that we were playing for more than a few minutes, the software would log us out. The lack of a demo mode also hurt, as there was no ability to try a game without using real money. This feature would have been much appreciated, especially considering we had never played the Ainsworth games before (they are currently exclusive to Ocean).
Support on Ocean Casino was a but hit or miss. Agents, when they were available to speak to, were pleasant and appeared knowledgeable on most of the basics, but the tough questions eluded them. That said, whenever we had to raise an issue to a higher up, it was swiftly and accurately addressed.
There are three ways to contact support:
- Phone: Speak to a representative by calling toll free at 1-866-850-1186. Presently, this is probably the fastest way to get a problem resolved or question answered.
- Live chat: Appears to be 24/7, but in actuality, live chat availability was sporadic.
- Email: Response times vary, but generally, inquiries are responded to within a few hours.
In addition, Ocean supports an FAQ section and knowledge base, although both could use a bit more filling in.
More on Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City
Risen from the ashes of the defunct Revel, comes Ocean Resort Casino. The land-based facility opened on June 27, 2018 (the same day as Hard Rock Casino) ending a nearly four-year period in which the facility was closed to the public.
Following the Revel’s shuttering in September 2014, the Revel was sold to billionaire Glenn Straub for pennies on the dollar, $82 million (by comparison the Revel cost a reported $2.4 billion to construct). The expected reopening date of the facility, eventually rebranded as TEN, was June 15, 2016. That date, along with many other supposed launch dates, came and went, and yet Ten remained shuttered. Throughout, Straub engaged in a vehement battle with the state over whether he needed to procure a casino license, leading some to believe that he never actually intended to open TEN.
In January 2018, AC Ocean Walk, controlled by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik bought TEN. The casino was rebranded once again, this time to Ocean Resort Casino, and a tentative reopening date of summer 2018 was slated. This time, predictions became reality, as after pouring $35 million in renovations, Ocean AC was opened to the public in late June.
So far, early reviews of Ocean AC have been a decidedly mixed bag, with some praising the changes that were made, and other complaining about long lines and how the venue really isn’t that much different (or better) than the Revel.