Launched in July 2018, Ocean online casino is the digital offering from one of the newest Atlantic City casinos, Ocean Resort Casino. The land-based property opened on June 28 of 2018 and occupies the same space as the former and much maligned Revel Casino. Like its land-based counterpart, Ocean Online still has a bit to prove if it hopes to break into the upper echelon of a very competitive marketplace.
So far it appears up for the challenge. A good first step was partnering with platform provider GAN, which also powers the well-regarded Betfair Casino in New Jersey. The site’s no-deposit bonus is mammoth (up to $125), as is its industry largest first-time deposit bonus for new players, which is a 100% match up to $10,000 (not a typo) spread across 10 deposits. A modern interface, a swatch of innovative quality-of-life features, and a robust promotional schedule round out what could be a phenomenal site.
Emphasis on “could.” Fact is, Ocean online casino at launch was a site far from its potential. Allowances have been afforded since it was a very new site, and rightfully so since the term there has proven their commitment to making it better. In a few months a number of improvements have been made, and if this progress continues Ocean may soon become a top-tier casino.
But for this to happen, much more is still needed. The game selection, while expanding, is still rather small for the market. The site also still needs better terms for their bonues, must join of Live Dealer offerings, should look into integrating online sports betting. Most of all, Ocean must to finally complete the vital option of a mobile app.
Ocean Casino NJ Bonus Offer – April 2020
Register a Ocean online casino using any of the links on this page and receive up to $125 in free money bonuses. This is currently the largest no-deposit bonus in the New Jersey online gambling market, though it has some complicated terms and requirements.
Wishing to make a real-money deposit? Ride the ocean tide with a 100% match up to $10,000 for first-time depositing players, spread across the first 10 deposits on the site. That’s four times more money than you’ll receive anywhere else in New Jersey. However, the deposit match also has similar intense rules to those of the Welcome Bonus.
Both require a significant amount of play in specific categories and subsequent days to unlock the full value.
Ocean Online Casino 2020 Bonus Code & Details
|Ocean Casino Promo Code||None needed|
|No Deposit Bonus||Up to $125 Free|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $10,000 (over 10 deposits)|
|Atlantic City Partner||Ocean Resort Casino|
How it works – No-deposit bonus
The $125 no-deposit bonus comes with a whole slew of terms and conditions that players will want to know about before jumping in. First off, the bonus is spread across a player’s first seven days on the site, as follows:
- Day 1 – $10 Pre-wager bonus on slots
- Day 2 – $10 Pre-wager bonus on table games
- Day 3 – $10 Pre-wager bonus on all games
- Day 4 – $10 Pre-wager bonus on video poker
- Day 5 – $10 Pre-wager bonus on roulette
- Day 6 – $25 Post-wager bonus, released by playing all games
- Day 7 – $25 Post-wager bonus, released by playing all games
In addition to all this, new players will receive $25 free play at Ocean Resort Casino, pending they have both a Ocean Premier Rewards Loyalty Card (available at the land-based casino) and a valid online account. This free play bonus will be awarded regardless of whether players claim their no-deposit bonuses on the online site.
As for the first seven bonuses, players will receive the first $10 bonus on slots immediately upon successfully registering an account. In order to win the next offer, players must first wager their Day 1 bonus at least 1x on the same day it was received. Similar logic applies to receiving subsequent offers.
In order to convert a bonus to cash, it must be wagered 30x on slots, 60x on roulette, or 300x on all other table games, including video poker. Yeah, not so good. Given this, it’s probably best that players view the no-deposit bonus as a means of getting acquainted with the site’s games for free. Although that’s not to say it’s impossible to turn a profit, just that players will need Lady Luck on their side.
How it works – Deposit bonus
The real-money deposit bonus of the offer works similarly, except its spread across 10 deposits, each with an escalating monetary cap:
- Bonus 1 – 100% deposit match up to $100
- Bonus 2 – 100% deposit match up to $200
- Bonus 3 – 100% deposit match up to $350
- Bonus 4 – 100% deposit match up to $500
- Bonus 5 – 100% deposit match up to $750
- Bonus 6 – 100% deposit match up to $1,000
- Bonus 7 – 100% deposit match up to $1,250
- Bonus 8 – 100% deposit match up to $1,500
- Bonus 9 – 100% deposit match up to $1,850
- Bonus 10 – 100% deposit match up to $2,500
As is the case with the no-deposit bonus, players will receive their first deposit bonus automatically upon making an eligible deposit of at least $10. Then, three days later they’ll receive an email asking them to claim Bonus 2, from which time they’ll have exactly one calendar day to make another qualifying deposit. Rinse and repeat for Bonus 3 – 10, with the only exception being that the waiting period for the later bonuses is longer, up to seven days.
Important: If at any point players fail to claim the next portion of the bonus, then they will not receive any other offers.
In addition to this odd and extremely restrictive term, the wagering requirements are oppressive: 30x on slots, 60x on roulette, 300x on other games. Believe it or not, there was also a time where the site prohibited wagers above $5 from counting toward the bonus (yes, that actually existed), but it appears that caveat has been lifted.
Instead, we’re left with a bonus, while extremely large, will take an exorbitant amount of patience and meticulousness to fully take advantage of. We’re not exactly sure why Ocean went this route, but we’re guessing that it views this bonus structure as a means of keeping players engaged on the site for at least a couple of months.
What’s special about Ocean Online NJ?
- Exclusive slots: Exclusives are something of a novelty in the NJ online casino market, so we were pleasantly surprised to see that Ocean online casino launched with several exclusive slots from Ainsworth Interactive Games. For now, slots like Sheer Magic, King & Queen, and Winning Wolf cannot be found on any other site in the market.
- Cross-promotions with Atlantic City brand: Online players at Ocean online casino will be incentivized to visit Ocean’s land-based property in Atlantic City. We’ve already seen the early signs of how the site plans to achieve this, via both its no-deposit bonus, which awards free play to brick & mortar customers, and through a recurring promotion where online players can win a stay in a Ocean Resort Casino suite.
- Potential: Ocean online casino will only grow, adding games (a deal appears to be in the works with top slots provider NetEnt), a VIP Club, and a mobile product. These add-ons will nicely complement what is already a fresh looking site, chock full of useful account management features and quality-of-life enhancements.
What’s not so special?
- No mobile app for iOS and Android powered devices. This will hopefully be remedied soon.
- Game selection is still poor, although this improved after NetEnt games were added. Library is bound to improve further.
- Still no loyalty program — yet.
- Select games crash from time to time.
- No PayPal as a depositing or withdrawal method at present.
Notice that most of our gripes with Ocean online casino should be fixed in the coming months. Some are being worked on right now, so be sure to check back often.
Game selection at Ocean online casino
With just ~240 games, Ocean Online NJ ranks nearly last in the market for game selection, ahead of only PokerStars (which is admittedly much more focused on poker). That’s not to say game lobby won’t fill up soon, just at this very moment, there isn’t too much diversity to be found on the site. That said, players will find a few games on Ocean online casino that are exclusive to the market.
A major step in improving the library is the appearance of NetEnt games in recent updates. As a major software provide NetEnt will be able to greatly expand the game selection and make Ocean a more significant competitor in the New Jersey market.
The 225 slot games currently present on the site will probably leave players wanting more, especially those active on other sites, where between 200 and 500 slot titles is the norm.
All of which is not to say that Ocean’s slot lobby isn’t without its appeal. For one, exclusive games from Ainsworth Interactive Games sprinkle the lobby, and while many of them feature similar base games, the bonus rounds are unique and above par. We just wish the returns on these titles were a bit higher — they hover around 93 – 94%, compared to an industry average in the 95% range.
Other highlights include games from Konami like China Shores, and Great Tiger from Everi. Ocean also apparently has a love for modern takes on old school slots: Smokin’ Hot Gems, Double Diamond, and several others buck recent industry trends with their emphasis on fewer paylines and distaste for over-the-top bonus structures.
At launch, there was unforunately just one jackpot on the site: Gong Xi Fa Cai. However, thanks to a deal with NetEnt, the screamingly popular progressive Divine Fortune also arrived. Ocean is now up to 5 jackpot slots, including the new and popular One Red Cent.
One area where Ocean online casino spared no expense is in its Slingo selection. Already, seven of these slot-bingo hybrid games populate the slot lobby, offering players a chance to parlay a small investment into a gigantic score.
It’s worth noting that at launch, these games were experiencing some technical difficulties, and while they do still occasionally crash from time to time, the team over at Ocean has done an admirable job ironing out the bugs.
Sadly, the site’s table game selection is rather unimpressive. Whereas most industry sites offer at least a few blackjack and roulette options, Ocean started with just one of each. This is another area where Ocean has had room to greatly improve, and now offers two blackjack games, two baccarat, and four roulettes.
On a positive note, the rule sets for Pro Blackjack are favorable (double any two, dealer stands on soft 17, double after split, and 3:2 payouts on naturals). Not to mention, Roulette Royal is a single-zero game, which favors the player. Still, more variety is desperately needed.
The EZ Baccarat, previously only found on Betfair Casino, is a variant of the popular Asian game where there is no commission paid, but the Banker bet pushes on a three card 7. There are also two prop bets. Dragon 7 pays out 40-1 when the banker wins with a three card 7, and Panda 8 pays out 25:1 on a three card 8 for the Player. The RTP for Banker and Player bets is a hair under 99%, while the side and Tie bets are subject to much meatier house edge.
Those who fancy a bit of skillful gaming will be pleased to know that Ocean online casino does support some very good video poker games. Four popular Game King variants, including Jacks of Better, and Double Double Bonus, populate the lobby, and feature returns of approximately 99% or higher.
There are also two GAN branded games. GAN Jacks or Better game is a 9/6 game returning 99.54% with optimal play, making it one of the best investments on the site. Just consider dodging GAN’s Deuces Wild game, as it’s paytable is far from optimal.
In addition to the six single line games there is a one-off title called PokerBet. Previously exclusive to Betfair Casino, this unique twist on traditional poker lays players odds on simulated Texas Hold’em hands, but only returns 95%.
Promotions at Ocean online casino
With each passing week, Ocean online casino has ramped up its promotional schedule, and we’re excited to see how far it goes. For now, there’s a fair number of promos on the site, although admittedly, they vary pretty widely in terms of quality and value.
- Fortuna Wheel: Take a free spin every four hours for a chance to win up to $1,000 as a site credit, subject to a 1x wagering requirement. Frankly, most of the time players will win a less than a buck, and often nothing, but it’s worth a shot.
- Refer-a-friend: Tell a friend about Ocean Online NJ and you and the friend will both receive an instant $10 bonus, pending the friend makes a deposit. The referrer is also entitled to additional monthly bonuses, dependent on the friend’s amount of play. For instance if the friend wagers at least $3,000 on slots the referrer will net a $10 bonus. Should the friend go completely off the rails and wager at least $3 million on slots or $30 million on table games (yes, we know), then the lucky referrer will receive a $1,000 bonus. All bonuses come affixed with a modest 1x wagering requirement.
- Leaderboards: Opt-in to the Low or High Tide Weekday leaderboards and win a share of $50, or perhaps focus on tone of the temporary Weekly Leaderboards with a $2,000 prize pool . Not always worth centering your play around, but it’s something.
- Friday Facebook Freeplay: Wherein one lucky player each week that Likes the promotional post on Facebook on Thursday will receive either free spins or bonus money.
Other promotional vehicles witnessed on the site include a leaderboard (Suite Sound of the Ocean) where the top earner wins his or her choice of a $1,000 site credit or a 6 night stay at a studio suite at Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City. Unfortunately, the amount of play required to earn this reward is mammoth. Another recent promotion at the end of baseball season offered free spins for deposits, with extra bonus spins for the number of runs scored in playoff games on the day of deposit.
There’s also still an offer (Sail the Seven Seas) where slot players that earn 50 daily points for 60 days (over a course of roughly three months) win an invite to a slot tournament, where the grand prize winner will be whisked away on a 117-day world cruise. Second and third place prizes are also available.
As we see it, the primary problem with Ocean’s promotional schedule is that it caters heavily to hardcore players willing to wager massive amounts. By contrast, casuals are largely left out in the cold. Yes, there are some promotions targeted at recreational gamblers, but the odds of winning any real money from them are pretty slim. We’d advise a more balanced approach where players of all walks can earn a kickback on their play.
Ocean Casino loyalty program
Presently, Ocean Casino does not have a player rewards program, although we’ve been advised that one is coming soon.
We’re guessing that when the High Seas VIP Club is finally unveiled that it will be at least loosely tied to Ocean’s land-based loyalty scheme, titled Ocean Premier. This four-tiered program rewards players based on their play, with higher-tier players receiving everything from VIP Lounge access, complimentary suite upgrades, show tickets, turndown service, celebration gifts, and free valet parking.
Currently, Ocean Resort Casino is tier matching players with rewards cards from other Atlantic City casino. So for instance, a Diamond Card level Total Rewards players can enjoy the high level perks of Ocean’s loyalty program, all before inserting a dollar into a slot machine. Those who receive a Gold (2nd level) tier match will also win $25 in free play. A Platinum (3rd level) match is worth $50, and a Black match (highest level) $100 in free play.
Cashiering at Ocean Online NJ
Ocean online casino may not have the most eclectic bunch of cashiering options, but there’s more than enough ways to get money on and off the site to satiate most players.
- VIP Preferred e-Check: One of the most reliable ways to get money online, but subject to hard weekly depositing limits. Deposits are immediately withdrawn from a connected checking account.
- Visa/MasterCard: Added after launch, a standard credit card is now a payment option.
- Ocean prepaid card: A physical card is not required to fund the prepaid card, although players will receive one in the mail. A minimum deposit of $10 is required.
- PayNearMe Cash: Perfect for those who preference cash transactions but cannot easily get down to Atlantic City, PayNearMe allows account loads at eligible 7-Eleven locations. Minimum deposit: $10.
- Cash @ the Ocean Resort AC cage: Players who live near Atlantic City, or who just happen to be in the area, will be happy to know that they can fund their Ocean online account at the land-based Ocean Resort in AC. Just be sure to bring a government issued ID. Min deposit is $10.
- Bank wire: Transfer funds directly from your bank to Ocean via wire transfer. Ocean covers fees on all transfers over $100.
- Physical checks: In addition to personal checks, Ocean online accept money orders, cashier checks, and bankers drafts. This is a sort of last resort option, as it will take roughly 7-10 days for the funds to appear online.
Noticeably absent from the list is PayPal transactions, which is unfortunate as this method appears on many NJ online casino sites. It’s likely that PayPal will come soon.
- VIP Preferred e-Check
- Ocean prepaid card
- Cash @ the Ocean Resort AC cage
Ocean online casino software
Ocean online casino is powered by GAN, the same platform provider behind the excellent Betfair Casino site in New Jersey. Because of this, we saw a few games that were previously exclusive to Betfair pop up on Ocean, such as EZ Baccarat, GAN Deuces Wild, and PokerBet.
On another high note, the software is rich with account management features. With just a click or two, players can access their account statements, bonus history, responsible gaming settings, the help menu, their tax statements and more.
Ocean is currently only supported on PC/Mac desktops and laptops. It is accessed through a browser-based client that is compatible with all major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari for Mac.
The lack of a mobile app for Android and iOS devices is confounding and frankly, unacceptable. Every other online casino in New Jersey supports an app, including the equally new Hard Rock Casino. Ocean does provide assurances that a mobile app is coming soon, but shouldn’t it have been ready at launch?
As for the PC version of the software, it runs smoothly enough, although we did experience the occasional hang-up and software crash. Nothing that detracted from the overall playing experience too drastically, but not negligible either. More annoying is that upon closing a game that we were playing for more than a few minutes, the software would log us out. The lack of a demo mode also hurt, as there was no ability to try a game without using real money. This feature would have been much appreciated, especially considering we had never played the Ainsworth games before (they are currently exclusive to Ocean).
Support on Ocean Casino was a but hit or miss. Agents, when they were available to speak to, were pleasant and appeared knowledgeable on most of the basics, but the tough questions eluded them. That said, whenever we had to raise an issue to a higher up, it was swiftly and accurately addressed.
There are three ways to contact support:
- Phone: Speak to a representative by calling toll free at 1-866-850-1186. Presently, this is probably the fastest way to get a problem resolved or question answered.
- Live chat: Appears to be 24/7, but in actuality, live chat availability was sporadic.
- Email: Response times vary, but generally, inquiries are responded to within a few hours.
In addition, Ocean supports an FAQ section and knowledge base, although both could use a bit more filling in.
More on Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City
Risen from the ashes of the defunct Revel, comes Ocean Resort Casino. The land-based facility opened on June 27, 2018 (the same day as Hard Rock Casino) ending a nearly four-year period in which the facility was closed to the public.
Following the Revel’s shuttering in September 2014, the Revel was sold to billionaire Glenn Straub for pennies on the dollar, $82 million (by comparison the Revel cost a reported $2.4 billion to construct). The expected reopening date of the facility, eventually rebranded as TEN, was June 15, 2016. That date, along with many other supposed launch dates, came and went, and yet Ten remained shuttered. Throughout, Straub engaged in a vehement battle with the state over whether he needed to procure a casino license, leading some to believe that he never actually intended to open TEN.
In January 2018, AC Ocean Walk, controlled by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik bought TEN. The casino was rebranded once again, this time to Ocean Resort Casino, and a tentative reopening date of summer 2018 was slated. This time, predictions became reality, as after pouring $35 million in renovations, Ocean AC was opened to the public in late June.
So far, early reviews of Ocean AC have been a decidedly mixed bag, with some praising the changes that were made, and other complaining about long lines and how the venue really isn’t that much different (or better) than the Revel.
Time will tell how the story of Ocean AC plays out, but at least it appears to have longer legs than its much maligned predecessor. Already the casino improved its monthly revenues by 24% between July and August, moving them out of last place above Resorts Casino.
The Ocean Online Casino also saw a 55% revenue climb from July to August. Now that the brick-and-mortar is paired with a growing branded online casino, both should see continued growth from the trying early days.
Subscribe to get the latest NJ online casino and sports betting news to your inbox.