- Our Rating: 8.5/10 (Very Good)
- Licensee: Golden Nugget
- Software: GameAccount Network
- Games: 308
- Bonus: $30 + 100% Up To $2,500
Since launching in November 2013, Betfair Casino has risen from virtual obscurity to become one of the leaders of the NJ online casino industry.
Its ascent to the top comes as little surprise, however, as long before Betfair entered the New Jersey market, it had built the largest online betting exchange in the world. Its alignment with top casino platform provider GAN and later, industry leading Golden Nugget AC, only solidified its chances of success in the US.
In our eyes, Betfair Casino is one of the few legal and regulated sites in New Jersey to truly differentiate itself from the pack, offering a bevy of exclusive titles/formats, a well-designed VIP rewards program, and one of the market’s best free money and first deposit packages.
This is an operator who clearly means business, and one who is willing to shell out the big bucks to give the players what they want. Suffice it to say, NJ online gamblers that play on Betfair might quickly find themselves calling it home.
Betfair Casino NJ Bonus Offer – April 2018
Create a Betfair Casino account using the links on this page get $30 absolutely free. This is an exclusive offer, $20 better than the standard bonus for the general public, and is only available to new customers that use the promotional code NJOG.
In addition, players that make their first real-money deposit of at least $50 will receive an additional bonus of 100% of the deposit amount, up to $2,500. The monetary cap on this bonus ranks among the best offered by NJ online casinos, so players looking for big value are encouraged to take part.
Betfair Casino New Jersey 2018 Bonus Code & Details
|Online Casino||Betfair Casino NJ|
|No Deposit Bonus||$30 Free|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $2,500|
|Atlantic City Partner||Golden Nugget Atlantic City|
How It Works
The free $30 is deposited into player accounts immediately upon successful registration of an account. There are absolutely no wagering requirements tied to the bonus. The bonus itself cannot be withdrawn, but any winnings can be, in as long as the player makes a successful real money deposit.
As for the deposit bonus, it carries a 20x wagering requirement on online slots, which must be met before you can withdraw your bonus funds.
For example, players that make a $50 deposit would receive $50 in bonus cash. Then, players would need to wager $1,000 in order to cash out the full bonus amount.
Keep in mind that some games contribute more to the requirement than others. The quickest path to clearing your Betfair bonus is by playing slots, which contribute at a rate of 100%. Roulette contributes at 50% and all other table games and video poker at 10%.
Betfair Casino has a fairly large selection of games, boasting over 300 titles in total. In the collection players will find a massive amount of slot titles, nine video poker machines, seven roulette tables and four blackjack games.
They’ll also find Let It Ride and No Commission Baccarat, along with less commonly spread games such as Hi-Lo Solitaire, Poker Bet, and EZ baccarat. Not only that, but many of Betfair’s titles are exclusive to the site.
Slots are far and away the most popular games offered at NJ online casinos, and with 272 total, Betfair Casino NJ has them in spades. There are so many different themes, game structures and bonuses represented in the site’s catalog, that aficionados could play for ages without ever getting bored.
Yet, as big Betfair’s slot selection is, it only ranks about average for the market, with several of its competition offering over 400 slots at present.
Instead, where Betfair’s slot library truly shines is in the area of exclusives. Simply put, no other site has even close to the number of exclusive titles that Betfair offers. We’re talking 23 unique titles in total, in an industry where between 3 – 5 is about average.
For those with big payouts on the mind, Betfair has four jackpot slots, two of which are exclusive to the site:
- Divine Fortune: Arguably the most popular progressive slot machine in all of New Jersey. Often boasts a six figure top prize.
- Medieval Gold: Exclusive
- Colossus Fracpot: Exclusive
- Gong Xi Fa Cai
The rest of Betfair’s slots tend to be penny machines boasting 15 or more paylines. Available bet spreads run the gamut from $0.20 into the hundreds. Recently added favorites include:
- 88 Fortunes
- Dragon Spin
- Epic Monopoly II
- Ghostbusters Triple Slime
- Magic Portals
- China Shores
- Wolf Run
- FairyTale Legends: Hansel & Gretel
- Spartacus: Call to Arms (features Big Bet mode)
While some of its competitors offer a wide selection of digital blackjack variants, Betfair only spreads three, Netent Blackjack, IGT Blackjack, and Pro Blackjack. The IGT version offers the best edge, but only slightly. In the Pro version of the game, players have the added ability to bet up to five hands at the same time, speed up the action with turbo mode and wager a whopping $10,000 max.
Blackjack is also available as one of Betfair’s Live Dealer games.
The bulk of the games offered by online casinos usually comes in the form of slots. But doesn’t mean there aren’t other types of games to enjoy – far from it. Under the Table Games navigation tab, you’ll find a whole host of other games that you would expect to come across in any live casino. Here’s what Betfair has on offer:
- EZ Baccarat: In normal baccarat games, the deck is shuffled after every hand. In this version, the dealer plays out an eight deck shoe and posts the results on a tracker. This gives you the chance to follow patterns in the deck and make wiser decisions on future hands. EZ Baccarat also lets you place side bets on whether the banker will win with a three-card 7 (pays 40:1) or whether the player will win with a three-card 8 (pays 25: 1).
- No commission baccarat: This variant is identical to standard baccarat games, except that no commission is taken on winning banker bets.
- Hi-Lo Solitaire: Who of us hasn’t alleviated boredom by playing solitaire on the computer a few times in their lives? Now you can spice up the experience by putting your skills to the test and winning money at the same time.
- Let It Ride
- Three Card Poker
Betfair’s roulette options include:
- American Roulette
- Three Wheel Roulette
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette
- IGT Roulette
- Roulette Royale
- European Roulette
In addition, Betfair also has Live Dealer Roulette and Live Dealer Baccarat.
For those that love to play poker, but don’t feel like heading all the way down to the local card room, Betfair offers several options. Unlike its competitors, some of which only spread games developed by Game King, the site includes Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, and Poker Bet, all made by GameAccount Network.
Poker Bet is distinct from most other video poker games, as its gameplay follows the rules of Texas Hold‘em, rather than draw poker. The other six games are classic Game King offerings, still popular over 30 years after being introduced.
- Jacks Or Better
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Triple Play Draw Poker
- Five Play Draw Poker
Virtual Sports combines the thrill of sports betting, the aesthetics of a video game, and the randomness of a slot machine — all in one format.
Betfair’s latest gambling variant enables bettors to place wagers on a variety of sporting and racing events, just as they might on traditional contests. Then, they can watch the action unfold via a digitally rendered live stream.
Wagers start at as little as $2, with a maximum of $50 on any given bet. And each sport hosts a contest every four to eight minutes, all day, every day — no lull in the action here.
Here are the virtual sports that are currently available on Betfair Casino:
- Horse racing
- Dog racing
- Motorcycle racing
- Car racing
Betfair Casino NJ Promotions
Betfair offers players the chance to boost their bankrolls with a nice mix of seasonal promos, sweepstakes drawings, leaderboard races and more.
$1,000 Bonus Chase
When you opt into Betfair’s Bonus Chase, you’ll have the chance to earn money even if you lose at the tables. To enter, make a minimum deposit of $10 between Tuesday at 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM using the promo code CHASE. When you play slots or table games during that time period, you’ll earn points which can translate into a bonus of up to $1,000. Note that you’ll be paid in site credits, which can’t be withdrawn as cash, but can be used to make bets on Betfair games. If you win a bet made with a site credit, you’ll receive unrestricted cash that can be withdrawn at any time.
$5,000 Weekly Sweepstakes
Make a minimum deposit of $10 between Thursday at 12:01 AM and Sunday at 11:59 PM and you’ll be entered into Betfair’s Weekly Sweepstakes. During that time, you’ll earn contest tickets when you play real money games on the site (1 for every 30 Tier Points). On Monday, the previous week’s tickets are tallied up and the winners are chosen. The bonus is awarded as a site credit.
Game of the Week
Each week, Betfair chooses one game in its collection to serve as the site’s Game of the Week. When you wager $250 on the title in a single day, you’ll earn a $5 site credit.
If you enjoy playing on Betfair, then referring your friends to the site can be very profitable. Just enter the email addresses of those you’d like to invite and they’ll receive a $10 credit when they sign up, while you’ll get a $25 bonus when they make their first deposit of $25 or more.
Betfair Casino NJ Loyalty Program
Once you have chosen your favorite online casino, it sometimes a good idea to concentrate your play on that site only to take advantage of loyalty programs. Betfair’s program is called Betfair Casino VIP, and rewards players with special bonuses, event tickets, gifts and more. Each time you play a real money casino game, excluding craps and Poker Bet, with unrestricted funds, you’ll earn Tier Points and Bonus Points. Tier Points determine your level, while Bonus Points can be redeemed for cash. There are five levels included in the program; the higher the level, the more perks you will receive.
- VIP Iron
- VIP Bronze
- VIP Silver
- VIP Gold
- VIP Platinum
Before online gambling was legalized in New Jersey, unregulated offshore sites struggled to process player deposits and withdrawals. In order to fool banks and credit card companies, they implemented creative – and illegal – solutions that did not always result in a successful transaction. Now that the industry has become legal, that problem has largely been solved and players can deposit and withdraw quite easily using a variety of methods.
One of the great things about gambling online is the fact that you don’t have to drive to a casino or fight the crowds to find an open table. So when you’re ready to make a deposit and play online, you want it to be processed as quickly as possible. Betfair Casino NJ gives you a wide variety of efficient options for getting your money onto the site:
- ACH transfer (processes instantaneously)
- MasterCard/Visa debit or credit cards: Transactions process instantaneously, but credit/debit cards are subject to higher rejection rates than most other methods.
- PayPal (quick turnaround time)
- Wire transfer (can take up to 24 hours)
- Online transfer (BillPay)
- Checks (processed within 7-10 business days)
- Skrill: Betfair appears to be the only NJ online casino to offer the Skrill eWallet without also offering its sister service NETELLER.
- Pay Near Me: If you live close to a 7-ELEVEN, you can print out a form and deposit your cash at the convenience store.
- Betfair Prepaid Card: Make your deposit using a Betfair Prepaid Card, which is essentially a virtual casino wallet. Once you have the card, you can load it with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or your bank account, then transfer those funds directly into your Betfair account. The card comes with a few other advantages as well. Your withdrawals will be made instantly onto the card, which can also be used at ATMs, and on the PULSE and NYCE networks. There is a $3.75 monthly maintenance fee, however, but the site will sometimes wave it during promotional periods.
- In Person: Just show up at the casino cashier at Golden Nugget in Atlantic City to make a cash, credit, debit or personal check deposit!
When you’re ready to make withdrawal, Betfair gives you four choices:
- ACH transfer (up to five business days, but often less)
- Check (up to seven business days)
- Betfair Prepaid Card: Withdraw to your prepaid card and get your cash loaded instantly.
- In Person: Show up at the Golden Nugget casino Cashier’s cage with your ID and get your money immediately.
With Betfair’s browser-based and mobile software options, the site has made sure that players can access their account and play from nearly any device.
- Web browser: To begin playing on Betfair Casino NJ, simply navigate to the website and click the game of your choice. There is no software to download, only a plug-in which verifies your location.
- iOS/Android: No matter where you might be in New Jersey, you have the option of playing games through the site’s smartphone apps. Currently, over 180 games are available on mobile, including over 170 slots, Live Dealer games, and Virtual Sports.
When you have an issue, it’s good to know that your questions will be handled quickly and efficiently. Betfair Casino NJ provides excellent customer service through is live chat feature, by email ([email protected]) and by phone (877-689-0662).
Betfair Casino NJ History
Betfair was originally partnered with the now defunct Trump Plaza, having launched alongside the first wave of regulated NJ gambling sites in November 2013.
It was the only operator whose software platform was powered by GAN, formerly GameAccount Network. Since pairing up with Betfair, GAN has won eGaming review’s Casino Platform Supplier of the Year Award twice, in both 2015 and 2016.
At first, Betfair offered both online poker and casino games, but the poker site never gained any traction and was eventually dropped.
Due to an economic downturn and competition from neighboring states, Trump Plaza permanently closed its doors in late 2014, becoming the fourth AC casino to go belly up that year. The situation posed a then unprecedented challenge for Betfair, which operated solely thanks to a license acquired through the casino. Betfair temporarily latched on with Caesars, but was still in need of a permanent home.
Ultimately, Trump shuttering its doors would prove a blessing, as Betfair Casino took residence under the Golden Nugget Atlantic City internet gaming license. At the time Golden Nugget was just ramping up its marketing spend, and was happy to embrace Betfair in a way that Trump Plaza was simply not capable of.
Golden Nugget’s increased focus on the NJ market, and its partnership with Betfair would soon spark a boom for the operator, propelling it to market share leader — a status it retains to this day.
These days the triumvirate of Betfair Casino, Golden Nugget Casino, and upstart Play SugarHouse consistently put up $5 million+ in monthly revenue. Betfair’s large deposit bonus offer, coupled with a loyalty program that allows users to redeem on-demand, are some of the reasons that have helped it become one of the top online casinos in NJ.
Little known fact: Betfair is known for having paid out the highest prize for a single game in the history of NJ online gambling. On February 23rd, 2015, a Union County man won $1,522,000 in a single hand of Let It Ride. The player placed $500 on each of three bets and an additional $500 on a bonus side wager.
The player won the maximum payouts on both the bonus (40-1) and each primary bet (1000-1) by completing a royal flush.
- Exclusive free money offer of $30 using Promo Code NJOG – no deposit required!
- Currently offers the biggest deposit bonus ($2,500) among NJ online casinos.
- Features an impressive promotion schedule, which can be especially lucrative for high-volume or high-stakes players.
- Players earn points for real money play which can be converted into cash.
- Customer support is top-notch.
- There are only four blackjack games to choose from.
- In terms of sheer numbers, Betfair’s slot selection is average.