Designed by West Pier Studio for GameSys and Virgin Games, Wonderland was first released in 2011 and has been available on the Tropicana Casino and Virgin Casino online platforms since their entry into the New Jersey online gaming market.
The five-reel game is based on Lewis Carroll’s classic 1865 book, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, and features all the iconic characters and symbols from the beloved story, including tea cups, hookahs, The Mad Hatter, The Queen of Hearts, and of course, Alice herself.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is one of the most treasured children’s tales of all time and tells the story of Alice’s adventures in a world of fantasy after she falls down a rabbit hole. The classic story has been a major influence on popular culture for more than a century and is the source and inspiration for dozens of books, films, and music.
How to Play
Wonderland is a four-row, five-reel slot which features 100 paylines and a number of chances to win a progressive jackpot that grows with every spin. The game does not feature the Free Spins found on the majority of online slots, and instead offers players the chance at a huge progressive jackpot through a diverse series of bonus games. The cake icons are wild and the purple ‘Drink Me’ icons trigger a scatter feature. Three purple ‘Drink Me’ icons will activate one of the many bonus features which could trigger a progressive jackpot.
The game’s high-value symbols are all different characters and symbols from the Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland book. The Alice icon is also the highest paying symbol, awarding 1,000 credits for 5, 250 for 4, and 50 for 3. The other highest-paying symbols include The Mad Hatter, The White Rabbit, The Cheshire Cat, The Hedgehog, a Flamingo, a Mushroom, a Hookah, a Tea Kettle, and a Tea Cup, in descending order in terms of value.
Wonderland’s graphics seem familiar because they are based on the Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland book, but the game actually features all original art. The reels are bordered by green vines with pink blossom flowers sprouting from the top.
The classic icons with a modern twist create an immersive experience for players with graphics that emulate the feeling a player has fallen down the rabbit hole themselves.
Special Features and Symbols
Wonderland really shines when players get the chance to play one of the four different bonus game features, where an opportunity to win the progressive jackpot awaits. Several of the games are multi-layered, with the big cash waiting for those who can advance to the end. Finding three purple ‘Drink Me’ icons on any spin will trigger the first bonus game, and its onward and upward from there.
- Queen of Hearts Croquet: The first time a player finds three purple ‘Drink Me’ icons, they’ll get the chance to challenge The Queen of Hearts to a game of croquet. If the player can win the match, they’ll get the opportunity to play a second bonus game where the objective is freeing hedgehogs trapped by the Queen. If the player manages to free just five hedgehogs, they will win the progressive jackpot.
- The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party: The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party is a pick’em bonus where players get the chance to select teapots with cash prizes hidden inside. Finding a Dormouse in any of the teacups in the game will activate a second bonus round, where players choose cupcakes that also hide cash prizes. Finding a Progressive Coin in any of the cupcakes will also earn a player a progressive jackpot win.
- White Roses: The third of Wonderland’s four bonus games is another pick’em bonus, this one featuring White Roses. The objective is to paint all the roses red before the Queen of Hearts appears. Painting them all will also trigger a progressive jackpot win.
- The Queen’s Court: The fourth and final bonus game is a hi-lo card game called the Queen’s Court. Players can advance by correctly picking whether the next card will be higher or lower than the one on the current screen. Turning over the Joker card in the game will also trigger a progressive jackpot win.
At a Glance
- Theme: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Lines: 100 Lines
- Reels: 5
- Scatter symbol: Purple ‘Drink Me’ Icon
- Wild symbol: Cake Icon
- Bonus Features: Queen of Hearts Croquet, The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, White Roses, The Queen’s Court
- Software: Gamesys
Gamesys’ entry into the rather bloated world of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland-themed slots sits at the top of the list. In fact, the game’s immersive game-play and original graphics render it among the best Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland slots on the market. While players won’t be receiving any Free Spins, the multi-layered bonus game structure more than makes up for it. The games are fun to play, and with huge progressive jackpots hanging in the balance, the excitement level is as high as it gets.
Wonderland has already developed a reputation for some of the biggest progressive jackpot payouts in New Jersey’s short online gaming history, cementing its status as one of the most popular slots in the market today. The Tropicana and Virgin online casino sites have a winner with Wonderland, and with a reported Return To Player Rate above 94 percent, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be a winner with it too.
Get NJ Online Casino And Sports Betting Updates
Subscribe to get the latest NJ online casino and sports betting news to your inbox.