Gorilla Go Wild was first released in September 2014 with a mobile version also released in April 2015. The game was originally developed by NextGen Gaming with software provided through NextGen and NYX Gaming. Gorilla Go Wild is currently available in New Jersey on the Resorts and Pala online casino platforms. The five-reel jungle-themed slot is focused on Gary the Gorilla, who sits on the side of the screen randomly unlocking the bonus features and eating as many bananas as he can handle. The more bananas Gary the Gorilla eats, the more bonus time players get.
One of the more unique features of Gorilla Go Wild sees the game’s Return To Player rate actually increase as players advance through the various levels of play. Plus, the game’s levels don’t reset, meaning that each time a player returns to play Gorilla Go Wild on an online casino where they’ve played it before, they start out where they left off in terms of unlocked bonus features and levels.
The jungle theme is a familiar one, but each of the characters in Gorilla Go Wild, including Gary the Gorilla, are unique to the online slot.
Play Gorilla Go Wild Slot for Free
How to Play
Gorilla Go Wild includes 25 paylines, with symbols representing animals and vegetation that one might expect to find in a jungle.
Gary the Gorilla tiles are wild and finding three Ancient Temple symbols will trigger a progressive free-spin bonus feature. Gary the Gorilla also randomly hands out bonus coins, win multipliers and access to the free-spin bonus features.
In addition to unlocking the bonus feature, the Ancient Temple symbols are the game’s highest paying, awarding 2,500 credits for 5, 250 for 4, 125 for 3, and 50 for 2. While also acting as wilds, Gary the Gorilla tiles also pay big, awarding 1,500 credits for 5, 500 for 4, 50 for 3, and 5 for 2.
Gold Gorilla Coin symbols and the other animal character symbols are the next highest paying, with traditional playing cards valued nine through ace rounding out the valued symbols in the game.
Graphics and Sound
Gorilla Go Wild features high-end graphics that create a fun and engaging jungle atmosphere, even if it can’t be considered a realistic one. The mischievous monkeys, mocking parrots, and other animals are fun caricatures, not portraits.
Gary the Gorilla lives in a tree house and the many gems and fruits in this environment shine brighter than anything that could be considered natural. All in all, the animations would have to be described as vibrant and only add to the game’s playability. The soundtrack is equally as jungle-themed and bongo-drum heavy.
Special Features and Symbols
Gorilla Go Wild heats up when players get the chance to play one of the many different bonus round features, where an opportunity to win a huge amount of free spins and lucrative multipliers awaits. While you can access the bonus features by finding three Ancient Temple symbols, Gary the Gorilla also randomly sends players there as well.
- Gorillionaire Win Spins: Three Ancient Temple symbols will trigger the progressive free-spin bonus feature called the Free Spins Kingdom. Once inside, players choose from a number of unlockable free-spin features, each beginning with 10 free spins. At first, the Gorillionaire Win Spins is the only one available. During this bonus feature, winning is guaranteed on each spin and all wins are doubled.
- Stay Wild Spins: Once a player activates the bonus feature for a fifth time the Stay Wild Spins feature becomes available. This bonus locks any wilds that appear on screen during the free spin period.
- Mega-Rilla Multiplier: Once the bonus feature is triggered a tenth time, players can take advantage of the Mega-Rilla Multiplier, that randomly pays up to 10X the value of each win.
- More Wilds Feature: The More Wilds Feature is revealed after the 15th bonus feature trigger, turning extra symbols wild on each free spin.
- Gary’s Bonus Time: Gary the Gorilla randomly awards entry into the Free Spins Kingdom and gold coin bonuses. Gary’s Banana eating is not fruitless either. When Gary finishes the bananas above him on the side of the screen, players move up a level and Gary moves to a different part of the jungle. At higher levels the frequency of Gary’s random awards increases.
- Gamble Feature: Every time the game pays out, players have a chance to double down by activating the Gamble Feature. Here, players guess the color of the next card for a chance to double a payout. Guessing the exact suit of the next card will see you quadruple the payout. It’s a dangerous game though, as one wrong answer will see the player lose the entire payout.
At a Glance
- Theme: Jungle
- Lines: 25 Lines
- Reels: 5
- Scatter symbol: Ancient Temple
- Wild symbol: Gary The Gorilla
- Bonus Features: Free Spins Kingdom, Gary’s Bonus Time, Gamble Feature
- Software: NextGen and NYX Gaming
Gorilla Go Wild is a fun ride through the jungle featuring a number of great animal caricature graphics. In October of 2016, Pala online casino revealed that a woman from Union County, New Jersey, who always considered monkeys a good luck charm, won a record Jackpot of $195,880 playing Gorilla Go Wild on the site. It was the biggest online jackpot paid out in New Jersey in 2016. Astoundingly, earlier in the year, she had banked a massive $40,000 on the game as well.
Game play is smooth, and the chance to take advantage of a Free Spins feature that grows and becomes easier to hit every time makes this slot one of the most enjoyable on the market today. Add that to the fact that Gorilla Go Wild will save your progress for the next time you come back and it’s no wonder so many people call this game their favorite.
Get NJ Online Casino And Sports Betting Updates
Subscribe to get the latest NJ online casino and sports betting news to your inbox.