Going Nuts is a forest-animal-themed online slot that just happens to have paid out one of the biggest jackpots in New Jersey online casino history.
The slot was created by gaming giants bwin.party and has been available in New Jersey on the Borgata Casino platform since its launch in late 2013. The animation appears to have been partly inspired by the Ice Age films and features cuddly versions of the animals one might find in a forest throughout the Winter season.
Play the Best NJ Jackpot Slots
How to Play
Going Nuts is a three-row, five-reel slot which features 30 pay lines and random chances to win one of five progressive jackpots that grow with every spin. The game also includes a Free Spins feature triggered when three or more Scattered Going Nuts logos appear anywhere on the reels. The Acorn symbols are wild and The Big One Jackpot Feature is triggered randomly, giving the player a chance to win one of five progressive jackpots.
The game’s high-value symbols are represented by animal characters you might find in a winter forest. The Squirrel is the highest paying symbol, awarding 1,000 credits for 5, 250 for 4, 60 for 3 and 30 for 2. The Fox is the second highest-paying symbol, awarding 500 credits for 5, 50 for 4, 30 for 3 and 15 for 2. The other high-value symbols include The Rabbit and The Skunk.
Traditional playing cards valued nine through ace also pay out when a player finds three or more in a row.
The excitement factor in Going Nuts stems more from the chance of hitting massive jackpots rather than from its graphics. That said, the animal caricatures are cute and fun, but the game’s design is quite cluttered and busy, making it somewhat tough on the eyes.
The game screens are laid out well and provide easy to follow instructions. The progressive jackpot color wheel is as simple as it gets and equally as easy to follow.
Special Features and Symbols
Going Nuts gets exciting when players get the chance to play for one of the game’s jackpots, or when they have the opportunity to amass a huge number of free spins. The free spins feature is triggered when three or more Scattered Going Nuts logos appear. Access to a color wheel where the progressive jackpots await is triggered randomly.
- Going Nuts Free Spins: The Going Nuts free spins feature is triggered when three or more Scattered Going Nuts logos appear anywhere on the screen. An acorn tree grows on the feature screen with 15 nuts. Players are asked to choose a random number of nuts, each containing a random number of free spins or a free spin multiplier. The results show up on the screen and the player is asked to click through to the main game screen before the free spins start.All wins during the round are multiplied by any free spins multiplier awarded. Players can also re-trigger the feature with any three or more Scattered Going Nuts logos giving the player the original number of free spins won.
- The Big One Jackpot: TheBigOne Jackpot is triggered randomly. The words “TheBigOne Jackpot Feature” will first appear on the main game screen when it hits, giving the player a chance to win one of five progressive jackpots. The main screen will change to a jackpot screen displaying the value of all five jackpots and present a colored wheel with three circles.There are five colors on the wheel, each corresponding to a different jackpot, which begin to change inside the three circles after the player hits the PLAY button. The colors stop changing when the player hits the STOP button. A pop-up will appear on the screen displaying the type of Jackpot and the amount won. The current jackpot values are always visible on the right side of the main game screen as well.
- Blitz Cash Jackpot: Three orange circles or any combination of two or more colors wins the Blitz Cash Jackpot. When it’s hit, the Blitz Cash Jackpot resets to $40.
- Quick Cash Jackpot: Three red circles wins the Quick Cash Jackpot. This jackpot resets to $200.
- Super Cash Jackpot: Three blue circles wins the Super Cash Jackpot. This jackpot resets to $750.
- Mega Cash Jackpot: Three green circles wins the Mega Cash Jackpot. This jackpot resets to $10,000.
- Colossal Cash Jackpot: Three lavender circles wins the Colossal Cash Jackpot. This jackpot resets to $125,000.
At a Glance
- Theme: Winter Forest/Animal
- Lines: 30 Lines
- Reels: 5
- Scatter symbol: Scattered Going Nuts logo
- Wild symbol: Acorn symbol
- Bonus Features: Wild Tree Feature, The Big One Jackpot
- Software: bwin.party
bwin.party’s wildlife-themed Going Nuts is a relatively simple online slot that can be a lot of fun. The chance to rack up a huge number of free spins and play for one of five progressive jackpots is where the true excitement lies.
In fact, Going Nuts has a reputation for paying some of the biggest progressive jackpot payouts in New Jersey online gaming history. In 2014, just a few months after the launch of Borgata Casino, a 29-year-old man in Monmouth County won a $153,638.75 jackpot on a $1.50 spin. This remains one of the largest wins in New Jersey iGaming history.