theScore Bet Sportsbook NJ Promo Code
The theScore media app was launched in 2007 in Toronto, Canada, and has grown into a sports media giant. theScore delivers digital content for sports, including scores, news articles, data, and has even dabbled in TV. The company’s latest venture has been a shift from news and media to the US legal sports betting market, with its product arriving first in New Jersey.
theScore Bet went live in September 2019 and offers a mobile sportsbook to all New Jersey patrons via their iOS and Android apps. While theScore Bet lacks a desktop site, their clean and intuitive app seems to make up for the lack of other options. theScore Bet is able to operate in the Garden State thanks to a partnership with Monmouth Park Racetrack and is powered by Bet.Works for all their odds and lines.
Let this page be your one-stop resource for all things theScore Bet including betting options, banking choices, and of course, all the top promotional offerings.
theScore Bet Sportsbook NJ Bonus Offer – May 2022
New New Jersey patrons to theScore Bet are offered a very generous welcome offer.
|theScore Bet NJ Promo Code||Coming Soon|
|First Deposit Bonus||Coming Soon|
|Bonus Valid||May 2022|
|New Jersey Partner||Monmouth Park Racetrack|
|Online Since||Sept. 2019|
Registering for a new theScore Bet account
Before registering for a new account, be sure to note that there are a few stipulations to determine if you are eligible for an account. These include:
- Age: To gamble in any New Jersey Casino, you must be 21 years of age or older, and that rule carries over to online sports betting, too.
- Location: You do not need to be a New Jersey resident, and can register a new account from anywhere, deposit from anywhere, and check lines from anywhere. However, in order to place a bet you will need to be physically located in the state of New Jersey. For example, if you live in New York, you can create an account from home, make your deposit from home, drive over the border into New Jersey, place your bets, and drive back. If your bets are winners, you can withdraw from home as well.
- Exclusion lists: In order to be eligible for a new account, you must not be on any exclusion lists. This includes self-exclusion through responsible gaming initiatives or casino mandated.
theScore Bet sign up
If you are old enough and not on any exclusion lists, we can move on to how to register a new account.
- Click through any of the many links on this page and you will be directed to a theScore Bet page that requests your phone number. Once you supply it, they’ll text you a download link for the theScore Bet app. It’s available for both iOS and Android.
- Click on “Sign Up” and you will be prompted to verify your location which just means allowing the app to use your location.
- Next, you will be asked to provide your email address, name, mailing address, phone number, and last four of your social security number.
- This information is used for identity verification only and is submitted through a secure service and will be processed immediately.
- Once logged-in, you’ll be required to upload an ID and a photo of yourself. The app will automatically guide you through this process.
- You will then be able to proceed with making a first deposit and will be placing your bets in no time.
theScore Bet Software
theScore Bet online sportsbook is only available on mobile apps, but is available for both iOS and Android-powered devices. The app performs well, and its no frills layout allows users to find everything they are looking for without having to navigate through a ton of clutter. The app works best on stable WiFi but does also perform well on data connections 4G and up.
theScore Bet app is very stable, but if you minimize the app or toggle away, you will likely need to log back in. This inconvenience may seem minor, but can get pretty annoying when trying to quickly place a bet. The white on black text is easy on the eyes, and similar to what theScore sports app customers are used to. The app is easily navigated and quick to respond when clicking around the screen. Placing bets is as simple as clicking on the bet you want to place and a popup betslip appears, enter the bet amount and you are off and running.
How to download the mobile app
Downloading the theScore Bet app is a relatively straightforward process. Click on any of the links provided on this page, and you will be brought to a theScore Bet homepage. It will request your phone number, and then message you with a download link. iOS users will be directed to the Apple App Store. When using an Android, be sure to click on “Download for Android” and you will receive an APK file. Once downloaded, install the file and be sure to click “allow installations from outside sources”. This allows your phone to install a file that is not available in your preferred Android App Store. Be sure to allow the app to use your location as this is a legal mandate so theScore Bet can determine if you are in New Jersey
Web based platform
At the moment, there is no web-based platform for theScore Bet in New Jersey. Despite more than half of US based legal online sports bets being placed on mobile devices, it is always a plus for an online sportsbook to have a browser-based option for customers to place bets from their PC. We look forward to theScore Bet eventually adding a web based sportsbook option, but for now, playing from your smartphone or tablet is the only way to go.
Banking Options at theScore Bet NJ
One of the major advantages to placing your sports bets on legal and regulated New Jersey online sportsbooks is knowing that your money is always safe and secure. Every deposit and withdrawal method is thoroughly tested and evaluated to make sure that your banking info is kept private, and all transactions are both quick and safe.
theScore Bet does not offer as many options as most of the sportsbooks that it competes with, but those that are available are easy, fast, and safe. These options include:
- Credit/debit cards: This deposit-only method allows you to use your Visa, Mastercard, or Discover card to load money into your theScore Bet account.
- eCheck Select: This online banking transfer method allows you to securely link your bank account to theScore Bet by using your account and routing numbers for quick and easy deposits and withdrawals.
- theScore Bet Play+ Card: Use the Play+ card option in the cashier, and be instantly approved for the card. You can link a credit/debit card or your bank account to fund the card. A theScore Bet Play+ physical card will arrive to your registered address within 14 days and after a withdrawal to the card is processed, cash can be taken out at any ATM. You can also use the card anywhere Discover is accepted.
While there are only a few banking options, we hope to see theScore Bet add more options in the future. Additions like PayPal, Skrill, PayNearMe and cash at the casino cage could help give players more options for getting their money on and off the site.
Pricing at theScore Bet
theScore bet pricing generally lines up with other sportsbooks odds and lines, but usually wont wow you with anything special. theScore Bet’s lines are occasionally better than others but their margins are usually larger than the top dogs in the industry. For example, if we look at a matchup from the 2021 NBA season and compare to two popular NJ sportsbooks, this is how it broke down.
|The Bet||theScore odds||FanDuel odds||DraftKings odds|
|Payout for Celtics win on $100 wager||$275||$300||$280|
|Payout for Bucks win on $100 wager||$148||$141||$146|
The favorites (Bucks) odds were slightly better than those of the FanDuel and DraftKings, and will net you an extra few dollars vs DK and FanDuel, but if betting the underdog (Celtics) you can net yourself an extra $25 by betting on FanDuel or $5 on DraftKings. theScore odds are going to vary as they use a different odds provider than most others in the US market, but its always a good idea to price shop in order to find the most bang for your buck.
Betting options at theScore Bet
theScore Bet offers a wide array of betting options, that include your standard moneyline, spreads, totals, futures, parlays and teasers. theScore Bet also offers prop betting on players, teams and futures and several in-play options as well. In-play betting is a fun way to get in on the action even after the game or match has already started. Odds on in-play bets are constantly updating and betting options will vary on a game-by-game basis.
Available betting markets
theScore Bet has plenty of betting markets available that include the classics like NFL, NBA and MLB, but also some more exotic bets like table tennis and Aussie Rules. The most common markets that are available include but are not limited to:
- NFL Football
- College Football
- MLB Baseball
- NHL Hockey
- College Hockey
- NBA Basketball
- College Basketball
- PGA Golf
- Motor Sports
theScore has you covered on all the major sports in the US and most of the major European sports as well. The more niche sports are offered, but not at the same rate as some of the more popular sports. It is also important to note that New Jersey law prohibits betting on any New Jersey based college team, or any college event that is taking place in the state of New Jersey.
theScore Bet Loyalty Program and Promotions
theScore Bet loyalty program is a bit of a mystery. They do advertise a “VIP Rewards” program, but not too many details beyond that aside from it being “invite only”. That being said, we can only take a guess as to what is offered based on other sites loyalty programs. Typically, the more you play, the more points or rewards you earn. These rewards are typically deposit bonuses, quicker cashouts, exclusive promotional calendars and profit boosts.
While we do not know what type of action is required to be added to this invite only program, they do advertise that if you are a high level on other sites, you can contact them to see if you qualify for theScore Bet VIP Rewards. If you qualify, you will begin reaping the rewards instantly.
As far as promotions, theScore does offer daily odds boosts, and some bet/get type promotions. Typically online sportsbooks will offer periodic deposit bonuses, risk-free bets, parlay insurance, and various other promotional offerings that are sometimes linked to big events like the Super Bowl or March Madness. theScore has been adding some promotional offerings, so be sure to check their promotions section for all the up-to-date offers.
theScore Bet’s customer service offers several options to get help when you need it. These include:
- Live Chat: Live chat is basically instant messenger with a live agent who can help walk you through any issues you may have.
- Phone: Talk to a live person on the phone if you are running into any issues.
- Email: Typically the slowest of the options, but can be used if there is a long wait for either of the first two options.
- FAQs: theScore Bet app does have a self help section that will answer most common issues.
We tested out the customer service via live chat and found the wait to be reasonable and the live chat agent was helpful in getting our basic questions answered. The FAQ section is also a great option as it is pretty thorough for most common problems that you may run into.