888Sport Promo Code & Review 2020
888sport, one of the most popular sports betting brands throughout the world, is now officially open for business in New Jersey. The book’s debut in September 2018 comes just a few short months after the U.S. Supreme Court lifted a federal ban on sports wagering.
Beyond its strong brand recognition, 888sport has a number of variables working for it. The interface boasts a fresh aesthetic with a layout that may not be the best we’ve seen, but is still plenty intuitive. The app supports a tons of betting markets, presently more than any other NJ online sportsbook, as well as a high cap welcome bonus, decent recurrent promotions, and a ton of bet offerings. The lines … well, they’re not always so hot, but they’re also not so bad that players will be much better off shopping elsewhere.
888sports is affiliated with Caesars in New Jersey, a relationship that extends back to 2013, when 888 become one of the first operators to launch regulated online casino and poker sites in the state. Now, all three 888 NJ brands share a platform and a wallet, just another in a long series of plusses for an app that stands to be at or near the top-tier in NJ.
888sport NJ bonus offer – January 2020
888Sport is offering a Risk-Free Bet of up to $500 simply for signing up. There is no bonus code need to claim this offer, just simply sign up for a new account using our exclusive link. Unfortunately, if you already have a casino or poker account, you are unable to take advantage of this promotion. If you want to take advantage of our exclusive casino bonus offer, check out our 888casino promo code and review here.
888sport 2020 bonus code and details
|888 Sportsbook Promo Code||None Needed - Click This Link|
|Welcome Offer||$500 Risk-Free Bet|
|Atlantic City Partner||Caesars Interactive Entertainment|
How it works
- Create a new account using our exclusive link.
- Make your first real money deposit.
- Place your first real money sports bet.
- When bets are settled, if you win, the money is yours! If you lose, you will be credited with a bet token in the same amount as your first bet up to $500.
- The bet token expires 7 days after being issued.
- Only single bets qualify, parlays will not be refunded.
Unfortunately, if you already have an 888poker or 888casino account, these new customer bonuses are not going to be active.
What’s to like about 888 online sportsbook?
- Available Markets: For those of you looking to diversify your betting world, 888 offers wagering options for a wide array of sporting markets, ranging from popular sports like football (including college) to alternative events such as darts to motorcycle racing. In total 28 betting markets are listed, and that’s more than you’ll find anywhere else in New Jersey.
- Bet Variety: 888 offers a huge variety of prop bets to go along with the usual money lines, parlays, and round robins. Just as an example, for a typical NFL game, there might be 90 – 100 different bets available, and that’s excluding in-play wagers, of which there are plenty.
- Welcome Package: 888 is offering a very generous Risk-Free Bet up to $500 just for signing up!
- Cross-platform integration: Want to use your sports betting winnings to play a hand of poker, or take a spin on the roulette wheel? That’s not a problem on 888, which has integrated its wallet across all of its online gambling verticals in New Jersey.
What’s not to like?
- Hefty wagering requirements on bonuses (6x)
- Support channels are difficult to find
- No iOS app (although one is supposedly coming real soon)
- Juice for moneyline wagers is on the high side
888sport software snapshot
888sports sports betting site has a no nonsense, easy-to-use layout that makes it easy to find everything you need, without too much unnecessary clutter. The most popular leagues to wager on are conveniently listed on the left side of the screen along with the number of available bets for each. Up top, there is a drop-down menu that displays all available sports, from A-Z. Links to all live betting options, promotions and a sports betting guide are also easily accessible from the top of the screen.
Odds can be displayed in three different formats, Decimal (ex 1.12) Fractional (ex 6/4) or American (ex +225 or -135). To switch between the three odds options just go to the bottom of the screen and there is a drop down menu. Since the casino and poker sites share a wallet, you can switch back and forth between platforms at the top right corner (although you’ll still to log-in to each site separately).
Through many test runs, we have experienced no major glitches or crashes and geolocation checks were very quick. The odds were very fast to update, making in game betting a breeze. Once a bet is placed, a live bet slip pops up on the right side of the screen where you can review your betting history, check on current bets and place new bets. Once you pick your bet, just type in the amount you wish to wager and the potential winnings automatically populate.
888Sport, like DraftKings Sportsbook and Play SugarHouse Sports, has entered into a service agreement with Kambi Group, which not only accounts for why the point spreads on all three sites are the same, but also for the depth of the betting menu, innovations such as “Cash Out”, and the overall responsiveness of its in-play system.
On the minus side, we’ll say this: The homepage is a little dizzying, consisting of a hodgepodge of trending, in-play, and upcoming bets. We get what 888sport was trying to do here, but it comes off a bit disorganized. Also, the cashier can be really slow to load and process transactions. They’ll get through, but it might take a couple of minutes, whereas other NJ online sportsbooks might transact requests near instantaneously.
888sport also supports a mobile sports betting app, although it is currently only available for Android powered devices. It’s not uncommon for newly-minted online sportsbooks in New Jersey to delay their release on iOS by a few weeks, so we’re not too concerned right now, and do expect that 888sport will appear in the App Store in relatively short order. And that’s good news for bettors, as the 888sport mobile app is about as well put-together as they come, featuring all the bells and whistles of its desktop counterpart, and offering perhaps an even more user-friendly interface. Our main qualm with the app is that while it allows easy access to 888’s poker and casino sites, bettors will have to relog every time they cross over, giving it the feeling of three separate apps that are just loosely connected.
Banking at 888 online sportsbook
While 888 doesn’t offer its own prepaid card, it does have all the other bases covered, allowing bettors to both deposit and withdraw via ACH payments, Neteller, PayPal and cash at the Caesars casino cage in Atlantic City. Deposit only methods include Visa/Mastercard debit cards, online banking transfers and loading through PayNearMe at your local 7-Eleven, which means you’ll have to use one of the other methods to get your hands on your winnings.
888Sports also offers the option to verify your account immediately to take some of the hassle of cashing out later. Overall, their banking options are right on par with the rest of the market. However, the time spent at the cashier is not, as the interface can be slow to load and processing transactions is sometimes a chore, with wait times up to a couple of minutes.
- Credit/Debit: Use your Visa or Mastercard to load funds to your 888 account. Some banks still block online gaming transactions or charge a fee. It’s important to contact your bank if you think this may apply to you.
- ACH/Echeck: Securely link your bank account for instant deposits using your bank routing and account information.
- Neteller: An online e-wallet that links your credit or debit card for easy instant deposits.
- PayNearMe: Fund your online account by choosing “Cash at 7-Eleven” and enter the amount you wish to deposit. Just bring the reusable barcode sent to your mobile device to your local 7-Eleven along with the cash deposit.
- PayPal: The most popular e-wallet in the world is an instant and secure way to fund your 888 account.
- Online Banking Transfer: Use your participating banks online bill pay feature to transfer money to your account.
- Cash at Casino Cage: The preferred method for large deposits is to simply bring cash to Caesars Casino in Atlantic City.
- ACH/Echecks: Withdraw funds directly to your bank account within 3-5 business days once the transaction is approved.
- Neteller: Fast and secure method to receive your winnings. If you choose to get a Net+ card the money can be taken out at any ATM or used as a credit card anywhere Discover credit cards are accepted.
- PayPal: If you choose PayPal to make your deposit, you are eligible to cash out using the same method.
- Cash at Casino Cage: Once their withdrawal is approved, players in the AC area can head over to the Caesars Casino cage and pick up their winnings as cold hard cash.
Betting lines at 888sport NJ
If we had to single out one complaint with 888sport NJ, it’s the betting lines. In a phrase, they have something to be desired. For value-hunters and those that are either professional sports bettors, or claim to be, the less than favorable lines will probably be a deal breaker. For most others, they won’t care, as the lines aren’t so egregious awful that the juice will decimate the average player’s bankroll all that much faster than anywhere else.
And that’s not to say it’s all bad. Point spreads for NFL and NBA games are pretty par for the course, hovering around -110 on each side. Same deal with totals.
The most evident problem are the money lines. Case in point, we observed NFL money lines of +150/-190 and +270/-360 on 888, whereas those same games might be listed at +152/-180 and +260/-320 on FanDuel Sportsbook — hardly a monumental difference, but big enough to notice. The money, and other, lines on 888sport are very similar to what they are on DraftKings Sportsbook, and considering just how popular that site is, we don’t suspect the lines will be a game breaker for 888. And for what it’s worth, the gap between “good” and “bad” lines has shrunk dramatically since the NJ online sports betting industry first launched, and we suspect that trend will continue.
Key markets offered by 888sport
The most impressive feature of 888sport is the sheer volume of sports you can bet on. No one else in New Jersey really even comes close, although we will reverse final judgement until we actually see 888sport rollout bets on all the sports listed — so far it’s covered 16 out of the 28 markets listed during our time analyzing the site.
Options range from your typical betting favorites like football and baseball to some of the more obscure sports like darts and rugby. Although not active yet, 888Sport is also the first of the New Jersey online sportsbooks to list eSports as an option. Partial list of markets can be seen below:
- Champions League
- Europa League
- La Liga
- Liga Mx
- Premier League
- International matches
- Ice Hockey
- Motorcycle Racing
Game selection on 888Sport
Not only does 888 offer the largest variety of markets, it also supports a very solid number of betting options per contest. Options range from the usual money line, point spreads, parlays up to 12 games and futures to one of the largest selections of prop bets, and, of course, the ever popular in-play betting.
Want to bet that the home team of a Champions League game will win after being a goal behind? That’s an option. Feel like Emmanuel Sanders will score the last touchdown in a matchup against the Arizona Cardinals. Can do. Just for perspective, at the time of this writing, there were approximately 58,000 individual bets listed on 888sport, most of them for soccer, but also a healthy number for the four biggest pro sports leagues in the U.S. — NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL.
In-play betting is an exciting feature that allows bettors to place wagers as the action happens — in real time. This means bets can be placed on every pitch, every down or every lap in Nascar while the odds are constantly updating right there on your screen.
Kambi driven sites do a particularly admirable job with in-play, updating odds at a moment’s notice. And the 888sport platform is responsive enough that players won’t lose their current in-play odds due to a computer glitch, instead only to action on the field of play — which is the way it should be.
888’s cash-out feature allows bettors to take the money and run. If you’re not feeling comfortable about the 15-point lead going into the final 5 minutes, you can “cash out” the profits of your bet before the game ends, at a discount, of course. It works both ways, so if you feel your bet is a lost cause, you can cut your losses and take back a portion of your potential losses.
888 online sportsbook promotions
Bettors who have exhausted their welcome bonus can still find some promotional value on 888sport NJ, with promos manifesting in the form of matched free bets, cashback on losses, instant bonuses, and more. Will 888sport NJ offer players 100% freerolls like some other books sometimes do? No, highly unlikely, but what 888 will do is offer at least some of its promotions on a recurrent (daily or weekly) basis.
For example, here’s a look at a couple of promos we’ve already seen:
- Daily/weekly challenge: For every $50 or more wagered in a single bet with odds -200 or higher, 888 will add $5 to your sportsbook bonus account. If you complete the daily challenge three times in a week, 888 will add an additional $10 to your bonus account. This promo comes with a 7-day time limit and is also subject to 6x wagering conditions.
- Parlay bonus: Place a parlay bet of $20 or more with odds of -200 or higher and receive a $5 bonus the very next day.
- Email bonus offers: To keep your bankroll moving in the right direction, 888 will periodically send out email offers for new bonuses.
Nothing is set up in the sportsbook yet, but we do suspect that will change in relatively short order. Internationally, 888sport offers Premier Player Rewards, which pads player bankrolls with free cash, the amount of which is dependent on how much was wagered during the previous betting week. It’s not a whole lot of cash (players who wager 3,000+ get back 50) but it’s better than nothing, which is exactly what we currently have in NJ.
We could also see 888sport NJ go the same route as the network’s online casino, which rewards one Status Point for every $10 bet, and allows players to convert 100 Status Point into cash. That works out to 0.1% cashback, which is far from great — we’d like to see the sportsbook do a little better.
While 888sport is a very intuitive, easily navigable site, problems can arise. When they do, 888 has several ways to help. If it’s not a question specific to your account, most likely you can find your answer by clicking “Online help” at the bottom of the screen that will take you to an FAQ section. If you’re still looking for answers, simply go to “Contact Us” link, fill out the form and a member of the 888sport support team will get back to you via email. For a more immediate resolution, you can give them a call at 1-855-218-6234 or talk with them through Live Chat.
Unfortunately, 888sport doesn’t make it easy for players to find the Live Chat option. Instead of simply being listed in the “Help” section, bettors have to first navigate to their cashier, click on “Help?” and only then will they see a Live Chat option. We don’t know if 888 made it deliberately hard to access Live Chat on purpose or it was just an oversight — either way, a fix would be appreciated.
On the plus side, the overall quality of the network’s customer service agents has improved over the years. Response times were speedy, answers were adequate, and the agents were well-versed in gambling terminology. It’s not perfect, as elaborate inquiries will still probably have to filter through multiple channels, but a stark improvement over a few years ago.
More about 888Sport
888Sports NJ is a fully-licensed and regulated online sportsbook which can offer online sports betting through its licensing deal with Caesars casino online gaming license. 888Sports was founded in 2008 and is officially the sports betting arm of parent company 888 Holdings PLC, which itself was founded in 1997 and offers online casino games and poker not just in New Jersey, but worldwide. The company has grown to become the third largest online gaming network in the world.
888 Holdings first offering of online gambling in the U.S. was through its subsidiary Pacific Poker. Operating in the U.S. until 2006 when the UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act) was signed into law, 888 quickly pulled out of the U.S. market while competitors like PokerStars and Full Tilt forged ahead. Not until 2013, when the Nevada Gaming Commission granted 888 an online casino license did it return, becoming the first company to legally offer online gambling in the United States. A few months later, 888 signed an agreement with Caesars Interactive Entertainment to allow 888 to offer its own poker and casino network in New Jersey.
In September 2018, 888sport was launched in New Jersey after a Supreme Court decision that deemed a nationwide ban on sports betting to be unconstitutional. 888sports has set itself apart from the rest of the crowd by offering a very generous bonus and the largest selection of sports markets in the state.
- 888sport NJ bonus offer – January 2020
- 888sport 2020 bonus code and details
- What’s to like about 888 online sportsbook?
- 888sport software snapshot
- Banking at 888 online sportsbook
- Betting lines at 888sport NJ
- Key markets offered by 888sport
- Game selection on 888Sport
- 888 online sportsbook promotions
- More about 888Sport
Subscribe to get the latest NJ online casino and sports betting news to your inbox.