You asked and they listened. Effective March 1, Play SugarHouse rolled out a bevy of enhancements to its already dynamic and multifaceted player rewards program, iRush Rewards.
The improvements will be additive to the rewards players already receive, elevating the program from among the better in New Jersey to the gold standard.
Going from good to great
Alongside its fresh interface, social features, and vast game selection, Play SugarHouse’s loyalty program was among the site’s biggest draws. It may have just become the biggest.
Listed below is an overview of the changes players can expect to see the next time they log in.
Bonus Store Points
Until recently, Play SugarHouse only awarded loyalty points to players, which were generated exclusively via real-money play. That has changed, as players will now also earn Bonus Store Points on their wagers.
Bonus Store Points will be earned at the exact same rate as loyalty points, with the earn rate dependent on the return-to-player of the chosen game. For instance, a player who fancies a slot with an RTP of 94% will earn 1 loyalty and bonus point per $4.17 wagered, while someone who plays 99% video poker will have to place $25 worth of wagers to earn that same point.
Bonus Store Points can be spent in the newly launched Bonus Store. There, players will be able to purchase:
- Wheel Spins: Awards one of a range of prizes. The range is dictated by the number of points spent. For instance, players can purchase a $3 – $10 spin for 250 points, or a $250 – $1,000 spin for 18,000.
- Scratch Cards: Functions similarly to Wheel Spins in that there’s a range of prizes, and better ranges will cost player more points. Win as much as $2,000 per purchase.
- Guaranteed Bingo invites: These are an economic way to guarantee invites to Play SugarHouse’s signature Bingo games, which run regularly and award the top four players free play prizes. Bingo guarantees can be purchased for as little as 50 points (one invite), although we do suggest buying in bulk as 10 invites can be purchased for just 250 points (25 per invite).
Earn and be rewarded…for longer
Previously, players would retain their monthly loyalty status for the remainder of the month in which they earned it and the following month. Apparently that system didn’t fully resonate with some players, so Play SugarHouse made adjustments.
Now, loyalty points will work on a 60-day rolling basis, which according to Play SugarHouse will afford players “a better user experience, and the opportunity to enjoy less volatility in what is a more accurate representation of each customer’s loyalty journey.”
Here’s how it works:
- All points earned within the past 30 days will apply fully toward a player’s loyalty status.
- Points earned between 30 and 60 days ago will still count, but on a diminishing basis. To clarify, points earned 31 days prior will still count almost fully, but those earned 50 days prior will only be weighted as roughly one-third of a point.
- The loyalty level thresholds will remain the same as in the previous monthly rewards program.
While we do agree with Play SugarHouse that this new program reduces volatility, it won’t benefit the entire community. For instance, those who grind out the top loyalty level in the first week of the month used to receive full Level 10 benefits for nearly two months. Now, they’ll start to see their benefits decline after 30 days.
Still, for most it should prove a welcome change.
Raising the bar
This is a small enhancement, but one higher rollers will appreciate.
Before the changeover, players would unlock the final Wheel Spin at 20,000 points. The bar has been moved, so that players who earn 30,000 points in a calendar month can redeem up to that amount in the Bonus Points Store, all in one shot.
Play SugarHouse has enhanced its popular Bingo games once again. Last month, we saw the number of prizes increased from three to four. This resonated well with players, as the games were becoming flooded due to their overwhelming popularity.
Now, the operator has gone a step further, guaranteeing at least 140 Bingo games per week (presumably at least 20 per day). Bingo games will still go off randomly, as they did prior to the update. So it stands that the more players gamble, the better chance they’ll receive an invite.
Bingo games award up to $15 for lower-tier players. However, higher tier users will receive a multiplier, up to 5x at Loyalty Level 9 and above.
A special reward
To celebrate the advent of the revamped program, Play SugarHouse is awarding players 50 Bonus Store Points per Loyalty Level reached in February. These can be redeemed immediately.