Harrah’s was founded in 1937, when William F. Harrah opened his first bingo parlor in Reno, Nevada. A little less than four decades later, his company had grown so successful that it became the first casino firm to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Holiday Inns would go on to acquire the gaming giant after Harrah’s death in 1978, and opened the Harrah’s Marina Resort in Atlantic City two years later. The company expanded in spectacular fashion when it purchased Caesars Interactive for $10.4 billion in 2005, renaming it Caesars Entertainment Corp. in 2010. The conglomerate maintained Harrah’s as one of its key brands, however, to capitalize on the casino’s well-known and respected name.
Harrah’s Casino launched its online site in November 2013 and is licensed through its parent company, Caesars Interactive Entertainment (CIE). The operation is powered by 888 software, which is the same platform behind Caesars Casino and 888 Casino, both of which are also regulated through CIE. Below we’ll break down Harrah’s iGaming offering and see where it excels and where it falls short!
Compared with its New Jersey competitors, Harrah’s 51-slot library is underwhelming, to say the least. That said, the site remains one of the best places to find progressive jackpot slots in the Garden State. Ultimate Genie, which often boasts seven-figure paydays, is a great example. In fact, one lucky Harrah’s player was fortunate enough to hit it for $1.3 million in 2014, making history as the first person to win a million-dollar prize in all of New Jersey online gambling.
Apart from Ultimate Genie there are nine other progressives, each of which tantalizes with jackpots ranging from four to five-figures, on average. Steampunk Nation is particularly noteworthy as it features a minimum bet of just $0.01. Below you will see all of your jackpot slot choices:
- Dino Stampede
- Snack Time
- Ultimate Universe
- Casino Reels
- The Royals Go Camping
- Irish Riches
- Saved by the Bells
- Pirates Millions
- Steampunk Nation
- Ultimate Genie
The site’s non-jackpot slots are an assortment of the tried-and-true games most casino patrons will already recognize. Betting limits on these types of slots range from $0.01 on the low end to a maximum of $800 per spin on Zeus III!
There is only one version of blackjack available at Harrah’s Casino and it’s fairly bare-bones. Thankfully, there is some flexibility in stakes, which are offered in three predefined limits:
- $1-$500 per hand
- $5-$1,500 per hand
- $10-$3,000 per hand
On mobile, the limit is $1-$300 per hand.
Blackjack pays 3:2 and you’ll have the option of splitting any dealt pairs into two playable hands. If you split aces, you are only allowed to hit once for each card. The software allows you to play five hands at the same time on PC, and three on mobile.
If you’re looking to play anything other than slots on the site, you will likely leave disappointed. Harrah’s only offers one blackjack game along with a solitary video poker machine. Several roulette table options are available, however.
- Roulette: This is the standard wheel-driven game of chance most gamblers know and love. Anticipate the pocket into which the ball will fall and you’ll be in for a nice payday. This wheel is of the American variety as it has both 0 and 00 slots.
- Hi Limit Roulette: This table ups the ante, raising the minimum bet to $5 and allows you to have up to $2,000 on the table for a single spin.
- Hi Limit European Roulette: Offers the same betting limits as the High Limit Roulette table, but only includes one 0 slot, giving you better odds of winning.
- Hi Limit French Roulette: This game is almost identical to the European flavor, but if the ball lands in the 0 slot, you’ll get half of your bet back (for even bets). There are also a slew of prearranged “Announced Bets,” which allow you to place wagers on multiple spaces based on the last digit of the number (e.g. numbers ending in 8 or 9). Of course, you could just make the bets manually in about the same time it takes to figure out what all the French writing means!
Table graphics are mediocre, not terrible but not exactly sleek and modern either. The ball moves in an unnatural way, more like a ping-pong ball bouncing up and down rather than a heavier roulette ball. The animation doesn’t affect gameplay, but could be a turnoff for those with an eye for perfection. In addition, the lack of a lower stakes version of European and French roulette is a bit puzzling.
There is not a whole lot happening on the promotions front at Harrah’s Casino. In fact, there’s nothing going on it all. Some daily promotions can be found on the site, but they no longer seem to be active. If regular promos are important to you, it would be best to choose another site.
Harrah’s Online Casino is part of the award-winning Total Rewards VIP program, which allows players to earn rewards for both offline and online play. It works like this: for every $20 wagered, you’ll receive both a Tier Credit and a Reward Credit. Tier Credits determine your status, while Reward Credits can be traded in for cash or awards like golf outings, luxury spa passes, hotel rooms and much more.
While this is a slower rate than what you can earn at land-based casinos, the fact that you can connect your existing Total Rewards account to your online account is a major plus.
Climb the following Tiers and unlock increasingly attractive discounts on rooms, casino shops, dinners, priority lines at check-in and other special VIP perks:
- Gold: 0 – 4,999 Tier Credits
- Platinum: 5,000 – 14,999 Tier Credits
- Diamond: 15,000+ Tier Credits
- Seven Stars: 150,000+ Tier Credits (Exclusive invitation only)
Here are the deposit and withdrawal options currently available at Harrah’s Casino:
|Method||Max 24 Hour Deposit||Withdrawal Available?|
|Caesars casino cage||N/A||Yes|
Harrah’s Online uses the 888 software platform known as Dragonfish, which provides a smooth user experience with minimal lag. There is no download required to play and you can access the games through any of the major browsers. This not only saves you space on your hard drive, but also doesn’t force you to keep a resource-heavy program running at all times.
The lobby is laid out well, making it easy to sort and find your recent and favorite titles, as well as access any part of your account. The cashier, promotions, Total Rewards stats and more are all just a click or two away. The option to play multiple games at once using the site’s tab interface is an exciting and noteworthy feature as well.
What’s more, the site allows you to play some of its games in demo mode for play money, giving you the chance to get in some practice before betting real cash.
Before contacting support, you might be able to find the answer to your problem in the site’s robust FAQ section, available directly from the lobby. Most issues are addressed here, but if you aren’t satisfied you can email at [email protected], call 1-855-218-6230, or initiate a Live Chat between 3-11 PM. However you prefer to communicate, Harrah’s support has you covered.
- Connect your online play to your offline Total Rewards account.
- Deposit bonus is unlocked in $10 increments as opposed to all or nothing.
- $300 deposit match is generous.
- Several jackpot slots offer chance to hit a huge payday for minimal investment.
- PayPal deposit option.
- Great support.
- Tabs allow you to play several of your favorite games at once.
- Only one blackjack game and one video poker machine.
- Limited table game selection.
- Still waiting on the android app.
- Roulette graphics not too realistic.
- Lack of ongoing promotions.