The online gaming industry in New Jersey remained robust overall during the first quarter of 2017. The state’s online operators generated a total of $59.3 million, which represented an increase of 32.1 percent from the first quarter in 2016.
In March alone, the Garden State’s online gambling sites racked up a record $21.7 million in revenue, which represented a substantial 40.2 percent increase from March 2016 figures. That was notably the highest ever monthly revenue figure since iGaming debuted in November 2013, and the first ever $20 million month.
Despite the positive industry trends, matters were a bit quieter on the individual winnings front, with only one six-figure jackpot recorded between all fourteen of the state’s online casinos.
The Big Winners – Borgata Edition
The biggest win of the first quarter of 2017 came in the form of a $103,240 payout on February 5th on BorgataCasino.com, a haul that was won in the $2.00 Loot’EnKhamun, a five-reel ancient Egyptian-themed slot machine.
It was a lucrative time for several other Borgata Online Casino customers, according to their blog, with the Loot’EnKhamun slot also responsible for the second-highest payout of the period. That jackpot unfolded on January 9th on the site’s mobile app, when Judith from Cape May Court House turned a $50 spin into a $50,060 payday.
Some of the other Borgata online winners from Q1 include:
- Michelle from Marlton – $9 -> $16,091 via Going Nuts 0n 3/15
- Kelly from Lumberton – $2 -> $14,892 via Jack and the Beanstalk on the mobile app on 2/11
- Ahmet from Roselle Park – $20 -> $14,069 via Monopoly Big Event on 2/13
- Jennifer from Elmood Park – $0.80 -> $12,500 via Wishing You Fortune on 1/26
- Shobha from Jersey City – $10 -> $10,382 via Hoot Loot on 3/25
- Ilya from Highland Park – $15 -> $10,880 via Highland Park on the mobile app on 2/2
- Victoria from Toms River – $1,80 -> $10,148 via Dead or Alive on 3/7
- Steven from Atlantic City – $10,007 via $100,000 Pyramid on 1/20
PokerStars Pays Out $100k
When PokerStars first went live in New Jersey on March 28th, 2016, they announced a $100k Spin-N-Go promotion. It took nearly a year, but on January 29th, James Piccolo, known on PokerStars as VaderWolf, won the big money. Piccolo’s brother Matthew managed to capture the excitement on video:
Biggest Winners in the B&M Casinos
While the online casino sector may have been a bit light on the fireworks in the first quarter, the brick-and-mortar casinos were a bit lighter in the coffers after paying off a number of impressive six-figure prizes. The top haul was a $200,000 jackpot at Caesar’s on February 19th on the $100 denomination Top Dollar slot. A massive $191,357.95 payout on a $1.00 denomination Triple Play Joker slot at Tropicana on March 24th was a close second, while the $25 Triple Diamond slot at Caesar’s yielded a $162,000 jackpot on February 25th.